 General / 18267
Re: This is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 02:37:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.general, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Jeff Stembel <aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:
And people who *do* happen to find it may very well think something • like "Hey,
cool!  Lego created a website where I can talk to other fans!"  And that • would
be bad...

1) not very likely considering the prominent disclaimer on the LUGnet page.

2) certainly not something Lego wants.
And certainly not something Todd or any of us want.  Think
about it, lugnet by TLG, with flash and stupid animations.
It sends shivers down my spine! Yick!
-John Rudy

   This is making me sick. Lego went out of their way to give us a little
smile when we opened up our mania magazine and we show our respect by doing
nothing but criticizing them for the past 24 hours! They put that logo in the
mag because they thought we would like it, not to disrespect Todd, or LUGNET.
They did not put in a URL etc. because they did not want to put a LUGNET
advertisement, that is why they put it a small computer less than and inch
big. They put it there as a private message for us. I doubt a typical 8
year old will look at that small logo and say "what is that" they will look at
the King Leos castle next to it.

   Yes I agree that there should have been a URL or TM but the legal crowd
here needs to take a back seat and appreciate all the progress we have made in
our relationship with the company that creates the toys that we all love.

Rich