 Off-Topic / Debate / 5725
Re: This is incredible!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 00:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rich Manzo writes:

Thats right. They did ignore the online LEGO community for a very long time,
but now thet are not. I good example of this is the fact that the LUGNET logo
is in the Mania Magazine.

I guess if that's all it takes (for you) to have them make up for years of
blowing us off, you must be pretty happy.

Yes that is the progress I am talking about. They did ignore the online LEGO
for a very long time. But they put the logo in their magazine so apparently we
are not totally ignored anymore. That is why I am happy that they put the logo
in that small monitor, it tells me that we are not ignored anymore.

Does it?  Exactly who in TLC/TLG contacted you to explain the purpose behind
having that there.  I gotta tell you, I'm leaning towards the lone peon
graphic artist throwing it in there for the heck of it theory, but even if
that is or is not the case, I don't think your rosy interpretation holds any
more water than some of the doom and gloom ones.

In other words, I don't interpret the placing of that logo as being
significant or indicative of some massive swing in how they're going to be
treating us.  It's a tiny image on a tiny page and I think interpreting it as
some sort of "hey guys - we think you're cool and we want to treat you right"
message is silly.

  Look, the bottom line is that they were wrong to put the logo in there
without the proper disclaimer or TM but lets not go crazy over this. They put
that logo in there to tell us that they know we are here, not to create an

How do you know WHY they did it?  I don't think you do.  You may think you
have a theory about it, but you don't know why it happened any more than I
do.  You just seem to be a lot happier about your theory than I am about mine.

a good idea. But unfortunately they did not. So let me ask the group, what
action do you think should be taken? Should we let it go? Should Todd demand a
written apology? Or should we go even further than that? I would like to hear
the group’s opinion on this.

Well, I don't really care what the group's opinion is about this.  WE
shouldn't "go further" at all.  Ultimately its not your (or my) business - it
is Todd & Suz's trademark.  Todd's done something already and not that he
needs my approval or consent, I'm sure he did what he thought best, which is
all that matters.

But I'm still free to complain about it, just like you're still free to paint
this as some sort of earth-shatteringly kind act on their part meant to
indicate how much they love us or something.