 General / 18362
Re: Want to get the Mania Magazine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 12:11:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
"Ben Gatrelle" <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> writes:
IF you are not a member of the LEGO Club, and therefore don't get the
Mania Magazine, I have about a hundred entry blanks for free membership.

Send me a SASE and I'll send you one.

Don't most new sets include applications?  What always strikes me as
funny is that they chrge $7 for additional memberships on the same
application.  Who would pay $7 for the crummy advertizing brochure
otherwise known as Mania Magazine?  (I get three copies now--I don't know
how or why.  Two are addressed to me, one to Katelyn Lamprecht.  I wonder
who ordered that one?  There's no one in my family named Katelyn...)
--Bram

Yes most sets now days do come with a free application. There was a time
however when they only came in larger sets. Smaller sets had applications that
you could send in with payment or a certain number of "collector points" or
something like that from the corner of the set's instructions.  I remember
when I was a kid, probably early to mid-eighties, the only way you could join
was to pay, but they sent you a small set on your birthday!

I think  the magazine is pretty good for their <12 year old target audience.
My little sister (11) sent in a picture of a Mos Eisley Cantina scene from
Star Wars (which they didn't print). She enjoys entering their contests.

I look forward to the coupons in the Christmas issue, and I enjoy reading the
bios they sometimes have on the minifig characters. I've been thinking of
creating a whos who of minifigs page to put on my website.

Ben