 General / 18249
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 02:42:01 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Do you see anywhere in any fine print on that page or any other page noting
that LUGNET and the LUGNET logo are trademarks of LUGNET and/or its owners?

AWAKIANALBASOTI [1], but I think that this use is a) within fair use and b)
cool and fun. It's not really a mention -- rather, a little reference in the
background. Those of us who know what it is will think it's cool, and those
who don't will not notice/care. Perhaps a few will try to figure out what it
is, but I don't think that the sort of person likely to do that is the sort
of person likely to be confused.

'Course, it woulda been nicer if someone would have asked Todd/Suz first,
but my guess is that it wasn't done as an official decision, but rather
something put in by an artist with the intention of making a pleasant
surprise.

[1] as we all know i am not a lawyer by any stretch of the imagination
Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/