 General / 15933
Re: LEGO non-building elements (was: Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 13:35:50 GMT

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Susan Hoover (<8EEC6D243rumplestx@209.68.63.236>)
wrote at 17:06:05

In lugnet.general, Tony Priestman wrote:

What other clothing items are compatible?

The backpack is part of the LEGO Cargo System, which also includes a
piece of luggage on wheels, which I *also* got for Christmas.  The
luggage on wheels is about the size of the ones the flight attendants
use, and comes with a standard flat 32x32 baseplate for use in the
airport or on the plane.

I *want* one of those :-)

And the watches aren't compatible with 'normal' LEGO, even though
they are made of interlocking pieces. But the plastic boxes that the
latest generation of timepieces come in *do* have a single stud on
each half of the lid :-)

Hmph.  My UFO watch is of the earlier generation, then, because its box
didn't come with a stud.  One thing I really would like to see in a
parts pack is extra watchband pieces in multiple colors.  In order to
get more watchband bits, you have to either buy another watch or lie to
CA.

Yeah, I got the original (in the current watch system) multicoloured
one, with the hands made of bricks, which is cool. But I bought the
Stargazer last October, and it has the new style plastic box with two
halves, each with its own lid.

It's these lids which have a stud on them, but the two studs are not at
*exactly* the right spacing :(

But close enough ;-)

--
Tony Priestman