 General / 15872
Re: Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:34:44 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
FqtJ1s.8Gn@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Arjan Brugman writes:
[...]
Well... it's a pack of LEGO playing cards. Fright Knights theme. I just
bought them a few hours ago. There was only one pack laying around on a
table at the Lego department.

What country?  I've never seen them in the U.S. -- did you find them in
the U.S.?

Nope, found them here in Holland. I really don't understand what they were
doing in the shop I bought them from. It's just a normal warehouse and they
never have anything special.

There was only one pack laying there, so I asked the lady behind the counter
about it. She said they'd had a lot of those packs. Ofcourse that's a big load
of crap, because I visit that place at least once a week and I've never seen
them before. You just can't trust store personell. Ask them if there's any old
sets laying around in the back and they say no. But visit that same place a
few times more and after a while you'll see all kinds of old sets appearing on
the shelves. How odd. :)

I have to say, I never even knew LEGO playing cards existed! :)

Are these cards a special item or a promo maybe? Has anyone ever seen • these
before?

IIRC, they came out in 1997(?). . . but only a very limited release, AFAIK.

Yep, the package says 1997 indeed.

IIRC, Ardjan Besse of Belgium once had some scans up on his webpage.  (I • bought
10 copies from him a couple years ago.)  You might check the links page
<http://www.lugnet.com/links/> and look up his site; there's prolly some • more
info there...

--Todd

Thanks Todd! That's the pack I'm talking about.

--
Arjan Brugman
-

Get paid for surfing just like me!