 General / 15885
15884  |  15886
Subject:
LEGO non-building elements (was: Fright Knights playing cards (was: Re: My personal FOTW))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:06:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Priestman wrote:

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Frank Filz (<FqttpE.IKn@lugnet.com>) wrote at
03:29:38

Oh, in my list of non-LEGO building elements, I forgot clothing...
(what about the watches, I was looking at them in the store and
couldn't determine if they had anything which was compatible with
the building elements).

When I was at LLW, they had some nice backpacks for children. the
tabs on the zips *looked* like they had the correct stud dimensions
to be usable.

They do.  I got the backpack for Christmas.  8^)  It has three
sections, plus a stretchy mesh net to hold a water bottle.  I don't use
mine to haul books around, but I do use it to carry small-to-medium
sets and bags of LEGO parts around in case I have time to play
wherever I'm going.

What other clothing items are compatible?

The backpack is part of the LEGO Cargo System, which also includes a
piece of luggage on wheels, which I *also* got for Christmas.  The
luggage on wheels is about the size of the ones the flight attendants
use, and comes with a standard flat 32x32 baseplate for use in the
airport or on the plane.

And the watches aren't compatible with 'normal' LEGO, even though
they are made of interlocking pieces. But the plastic boxes that the
latest generation of timepieces come in *do* have a single stud on
each half of the lid :-)

Hmph.  My UFO watch is of the earlier generation, then, because its box
didn't come with a stud.  One thing I really would like to see in a
parts pack is extra watchband pieces in multiple colors.  In order to
get more watchband bits, you have to either buy another watch or lie to
CA.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX