 General / 14702
Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:50:45 GMT

Paul Mison wrote in message <389EC63C.ED98601D@songtwo.demon.co.uk>...

Hey, what's wrong with 918? It's the only one I had of the original
trinity of spaceships, and it's great, although I've just noticed that
if you put too much in the storage space at the back and swoosh too much
it clobbers the pilot on the head...

[...]

The other thing I like about 918 is the fact that, despite only having
about 100 pieces, it's completely enclosed, with a proper cockpit-
something that was completely lacking in later small- to medium- sized • spaceships.

Hey Paul, I love 918!!! It and 462 Rocket Launcher were my very first ever
Space sets, way back when I was about seven. I can still remember whooshing
it around the backyard in joyous rapture. That is, until I lost the antenna
about five minutes later. *sob*
A few years later I managed to pick another one up when I bought a friend's
Lego collection. It was many, many years after that, just a few months ago,
when I rummaged through the old Lego bin and reconstructed both 918s from
memory. Holding them in my hands (as I am right now in between typing this),
the look of the spaceship from various angles brings all those childhood
memories flooding back. The things you've mentioned about this set are what
I love about this set too. 918 is my all-time favourite Classic Space set,
and why? Nostalgia. Ah, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy. *sigh* :-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164

P.S. Todd, if you're reading this, is Larry right about you not really
wanting people to post their member numbers? Is it because they're temporary
or something? If you say so I'll refrain. "You da boss"...