 General / 13368
Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 11:19:41 GMT

Kevin Salm <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FnxyvD.DuF@lugnet.com...
[snip]
Then sets like 3052 and 3053 appeared on the shelves with a much stronger
paperboard that was 100 sealed, not just held closed by two little • adhesive
stickers on the ends.  Well, I was happy with this and figured that all
retailers would be, too.  Unfortunately, this packaging does not seem to • be a
standard for TLC.
[snip]

Are you sure only those two sets were available with strong paperboard in
the US? I have boxes with strong paperboard for all the following sets:
3052, 3551, 3554, 4162, 4930, 5919, 6083, 6454, 6477, 6907, 7130, 7140,
8001, 8238, 8520, just to name a few I know for sure. I bought all of them
in Germany though, but I don't see any reason why TLC should use a different
system here. Also, 7171 included three boxes which were all made of strong
paperboard. I think this new method is a standard for medium sets only, I
haven't seen any small and no large sets with this strong paperboard yet,
but I am already used to it.

Bye, Christian.