 General / 14699
Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:09:54 GMT

Jeffrey,

Jeffrey Baldwin wrote:

How do you feel about the 928? I think it is kinda plain.

(Oh No! Scott is getting on his Space Soapbox!)

I can appreciate sentiments of this type. However, since Space is
probably my favorite theme, and have been collecting it since I was 4,
and I have most of the sets since 1984. I think this line (497, 487, and
918) are still really neat, even without the special parts we have
today. The reason? Realism! These sets look like something feasible, not
some neon nightrider nightmare from Batman Forever or something. I can
see mankind actually going into space with these sets. One of my most
prized sets is the 487:

Because it is a classic, and it is great. Not only is is realistic, it
has great play value as well. It can hold two to three minifigs in it,
plus a cargo area. They maybe not flashy, but it they all are a
testament for when TLC (TLG, LG, LC, etc.) made some really great sets.

My version of this line is my ADF-800 ship, which is here:

http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/800-series.html

My 900 series is simply an upgrade from the 800, which is here as well:

http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/adf.html

Anyway, I love these ships and I would love to see a continuation of
some type to these sets, even though I am not holding my breath! :)

Scott S., climbing off his Space soapbox, and getting back to work!
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html