 General / 14582
Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 01:21:47 GMT

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ...

I always wanted the Galaxy Explorer (LL 928) .....One of the Holy Grails I
dream of.....more so than a BSB or Yellow castle.....

Yeah, I felt like that, EXACTLY like that, for nigh on twenty years... then
late last year I bought a used one in an auction. It was complete and in
mint condition, just perfect. I built it, and held it in my hands and stared
at it and whooshed it around to see what it looked like, and..... I felt
vaguely disappointed.
It's kind of neat in a near-future-tech way, but it just looks..... boxy.
Clunky. Old-fashioned. Now, I see it more as a Grey 4x4 Cone and
Trans-Yellow Parts Pack. If I had a project that needed blue and trans
yellow I'd break it up immediately.... right now, though, it sits in my room
gathering dust.

Now, the BSB, _there_ is a work of beauty. Easily one of the best designs
TLC ever released, up there with the Black Cat Rig.

Paul