 General / 13240
Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:51:59 GMT

I've noticed this too.. more because I got a box without looking that
someone apparently had opened, taken out what they wanted, and the GLUED
it shut again and returned it. I'm not sure if they'll believe me if I
take it back though... so I pondered calling CA though should they
really pay for someone elses greed and rudeness?? I don't think so..
though you can be sure I'll be looking at my boxes much more closely
from now on.

I just can't believe people have the b*lls to do this kind of stuff..
what's worse is they get away with it :(

Tamy

leggomylego wrote:

I hit the jackpot at a local Target today.  (I tell you what I got a little
later!)  One thing I did notice were a LOT of sets that were bought, VERY
carefully opened, looted, and returned.  I noticed it on 2 different Amazon
Ruins.  The tape on the bottom edge of the taped down tray just wasn't
sticking like it usually does.  Then looking at it longer, I noticed someone
swiped the base plate!!!  I was quite upset.  I could have used a few of those
sets at $19.  But w/o the plate, I couldn't do it.  Several other boxes were
opened as well.  The ones that are taped on the sides; when you pull the tape
up, it gets a little cloudy.  Someone had used another adhesive to get the
tape to stick back down.  Some of the boxes that actually tear, you could see
where the box was sliced, and retaped.  I have noticed this more and more
lately.  Any one else?

Eric

--
Keep on Bricken'