 General / 14532
Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:20:06 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Christopher Tracey writes:
John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote:

...an environmentalist's nightmare.....

speaking of...  My sister got me that new big ~800 piece basic set for
Christmas.  It's the one with six or seven smaller boxes of lego held
together by a cardboard frame.  It seems like a waste of packaging
to me, especially the raised baseplate that was packaged alone in
its own box.

-chris

ps.  The glue that held the boxes into the frame was nightmarish also.
I almost had to use a crowbar to pry them out ;)

Was this the K-Mart exclusive?  The one with the 32x32 light green baseplate
like 5978's?  I didn't have any trouble getting the boxes out of the two copies
I got...  :)

No, I got my first copy at Zany Brainy. I think I've seen it at
Wal-Mart, and perhaps TRU also.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com