 General / 13222

Subject:
Has any one else noticed this lately?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:32:22 GMT

I hit the jackpot at a local Target today.  (I tell you what I got a little
later!)  One thing I did notice were a LOT of sets that were bought, VERY
carefully opened, looted, and returned.  I noticed it on 2 different Amazon
Ruins.  The tape on the bottom edge of the taped down tray just wasn't
sticking like it usually does.  Then looking at it longer, I noticed someone
swiped the base plate!!!  I was quite upset.  I could have used a few of those
sets at $19.  But w/o the plate, I couldn't do it.  Several other boxes were
opened as well.  The ones that are taped on the sides; when you pull the tape
up, it gets a little cloudy.  Someone had used another adhesive to get the
tape to stick back down.  Some of the boxes that actually tear, you could see
where the box was sliced, and retaped.  I have noticed this more and more
lately.  Any one else?

Eric

Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?
I hit the jackpot at a local Target today.  (I tell you what I got a little
later!)  One thing I did notice were a LOT of sets that were bought, VERY
carefully opened, looted, and returned.  I noticed it on 2 different Amazon
Ruins.  The tape on the bottom edge of the taped down tray just wasn't
sticking like it usually does.  Then looking at it longer, I noticed someone
swiped the base plate!!!  I was quite upset.  I could have used a few of those
sets at $19.  But w/o the plate, I couldn't do it.  Several other boxes were
opened as well.  The ones that are taped on the sides; when you pull the tape
up, it gets a little cloudy.  Someone had used another adhesive to get the
tape to stick back down.  Some of the boxes that actually tear, you could see
where the box was sliced, and retaped.  I have noticed this more and more
lately.  Any one else?

I've seen it too. Probably the same sort of thinking that says it's OK
to remove price tags if you can thereby screw up the store pricing
system and get a better deal.

I have taken to checking very closely and taking stuff with flaws up,
along with a anotoher known good copy to carry out a side by side
comparision. Sometimes I can get a further price break, sometimes not.

Now, arguably, you can call Consumer Affairs and get the parts replaced
but to my way of thinking it's the store that should be suffering the
loss there, not TLC. I wonder if CA goes back to the store if they have
a lot of incidents? Probably not

Re: Has any one else noticed this lately?