 Space / 1303
Re: Galaxy Explorer (Was Re: Poor packaging by TLC )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 01:24:11 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.space, Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:

We all have our prefered pet peeves.  I personally don't care that many LEGO
space ships are not (physically) fully enclosed.  But I know that annoys many
spaceheads.

It doesn't bother me too much either, but I imagine an open cockpit would make
atmospheric re-entry a little dicy :-)

:)

That's assuming re-entry is achieved using the historic method of falling until
the atmosphere is thick enough to support wings or parachutes.  In fantastic
settings, ships could use some more-controlled method of descent.

Or have some protective energy shielding.

Steve

Actually, it's because LEGO people have really, really thick spacesuits.
They're actually normally proportioned people, it's just the thick suits
that make
them look that way. The thick helmet visor distorts their features into the
smileys you see now.

;^)

~Mark