 General / 13255
Re: Poor packaging by TLC (was: Has any one else noticed...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 04:33:42 GMT

I picked up 4 Mos Espa sets this week on clearance at Target. Every set
had been torn in at least one or two places, mostly at the lid corners,
as if someone was trying to get the box open. Some tears were 6-8 inches
long. I only bought the sets because I knew the podracers were in
smaller boxes (well, ok they _were_ only 22.00), so the chances of
having pilfered pieces was greatly reduced.  I am glad they double boxed
the 7171 sets. Were these the first sets to be so packaged?

As I recollect, the 8247 came in concentric boxes.

-Rob