 General / 13241
Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 00:54:23 GMT

Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Has anyone stored LEGO outside for a long time, and if so, did it have
any effect on the bricks?

I ask because I'm considering my garage as a suitable venue for my
collection. I'm running out of places to store the increasing assortment
of pieces, and a wall of LEGO seems like a good idea.

One of my concerns is that it's not heated, so it probably drops to
around freezing in winter. Is this likely to be a problem?

Theft is more likely to be a problem than low temperature, I would have
thought.

I store some of my LEGO outside of my house in the warehouse shed with no
bad side effects.  Of course, to steal it, one would have to sneak past a
Mastiff that has already been the demise of many an animal larger than Jabba
the Pieniazek.

Mike