 General / *3200 (-100)
  Re: Were Parts Packs available in US stores?

I remember finding tree, flower and sign parts packs in an independent toystore in Kansas City. It had to be in the early 80's. The store was in a mall that was in Crown Plaza. Bryan Gary Istok wrote in message <36E93EAE.1EC3E0A4@u...ch.edu>... (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) I think Death Star playsets could be very cool. Detention Level, Garbage Compactor, Landing Bay, Tractor Beam Power Switch, Shaft-with-extendabl...ng-across, Exhaust Port and Trench are just a few that spring to mind. Steve (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Were Parts Packs available in US stores?

(...) Kevin, make sure you ask if they have any old LEGO or spare parts (in German it's "ersatz teile"). Asking if they have old LEGO has netted me some pretty neat stuff (2 wooden box sets, 2 Thatcher Perkins Locomotives, 40 old supplemental parts (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) Ooh, how about a Death Star surface gun tower (complete with gunner crew, of course)? Cheap enough to buy a bunch of them, or maybe two to a set. -John Van (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLAs and ETLAs [1]

Thanks John! Oh, just to gloat (and jump up and down excitedly in public)... I found the BFC today!!! 110 DM just sitting on the shelf!! Wheeeee! Beth "Far Too Excited For Her Own Good" Reiten (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Were Parts Packs available in US stores?

I remember finding roof parts packs in a store here in Vancouver in the early 90's, when my daughter was into building large houses and we always needed (still need!) more roof bricks. That store no longer has them, of course: don't know when they (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Divers Poster in #6559

Seems like it's not quite the same look'n'feel. I'll have to recheck my sons' Throwbots posters. Steve (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Were Parts Packs available in US stores?

I remember as a child when I went to my neighborhood toy store in the 1960's they had the Samsonite Supplemental Parts Packs. Today most toy stores may have some base/road plates, and that's about it as much as they carry in supplemental items. I (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Divers Poster in #6559

There are posters in the Technic Throwbots! (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Divers Poster in #6559

Hey! Why didn't anyone ever mention that there's a theme-poster in #6559, Deep Sea Bounty? If I'd known that, I would have bought one two years ago. Does anyone else collect these posters? Or have more definite information about them? Does every (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Back after very difficult week

Todd, I am very sorry to hear about your and Suzanne's loss. My mother-in-law passed away last year and it has been very difficult for my wife - I guess you just expect your parents to live forever; but sadly, such is not the case. I just wanted to (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

(...) Back then, TRU had diapers cheaper than anyplace around. Formula, also. Glad I am past buying formula and diapers... (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) I guess I use CRAPP to refer to any raised baseplate. Hey! They all have ramps, they're just extremely steep. And the pits, hmmm, the pits are the areas around the edge, where it gets real low. Yeah, that's the ticket. How about CRAB? Crummy (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLAs and ETLAs [1]

Or *Jasper* <oops> (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLAs and ETLAs [1]

Check out: (URL) "WTHIHTH [1] [2]" Neal [1] What The Hell Is HTH [2] I'd like to dedicate this footnote of a footnote in a silly middle name to Jaspar;-) (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  TLAs and ETLAs [1]

Hey folks- Sorry to drop this note... I know it's been answered, but I didn't note the URL when I saw it last week, and now I can't find it! Where is the listing of acronyms to be found? I'm catching on to some, but others have me stumped! Thanks (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Minfigs of the past....

I'd be interested in the Exxon guy, but that's about it. Then again, I'm cheap, I wouldn't pay more than $2 for him. (...) Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for Jason Mantor

Hello All, I've been unable to get to the 'net for quite a while, but I've got it straightened out now. I've contacted Michael, but I'm sure there are others who'd like to complete transactions. Please drop me an email. All of the previous emails (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Re: Minfigs of the past....

The exxon guy might be of a little value.. he's missing a hand though. the space guys would be if their planet was still gold.. I can't tell from the pics.. the rest of them look pretty normal.. not sure on some of the town figs though.. I'm not (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

(...) You go to TRU to buy diapers? I think that dark ages or not, you _must_ have had some ulterior motive to go to TRU that day. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Minfigs of the past....

Hi all, I was going through some of my old Lego that dates way back to the late 70's (Sorry to those of you who remember that quite clearly...) and I found these minfigs. Any ideas as to the value of these figs? Are there any that are considered (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I am on a Minneapolis based project and pop by (it's about 10 min from where I'm working) on thursdays. So no, I don't fly in every thursday. Just Sunday through friday. (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) Actually, unless I've got my acronyms mixed up, there aren't any CRAPPs in 99 - the adventurers one lacks a ramp, but has 4 pits, hmm...But CPAPAPAPP doesn't quite have the same ring to it... ;) James (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  cleaning off police emblems

I don't like policemen or the police being part of my lego layout at all but some of the police elements are really cool. my Question is this; how do you get rid of painted pieces paint without destroying the piece. I know the answer is brake (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

Thomas Main wrote in message <36E7D43E.A8ECD4EF@a...te.edu>... (...) My dark ages started abruptly... I went off to college. However, starting around 1984-85, I really was not interested in acquiring new sets. At that time, my interest was (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: linked user bios?

Yeah, I agree with just about all of what you've said. (...) I DO think categorization can be very useful and informative, but... Your suggestion of an open format doesn't exclude such things, of course. If a user feels that such personal info isn't (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

I second that! I love the consistancey of the URLs! Larry do you fly in every Thrus? SteveB PNLTC (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Dark Ages story

(...) I think my interest in Lego had been fading gradually for a while before 1990, when my younger brother was born. In the interest of not having my pieces devoured, I put my collection into storage for a few years. I was 15 at the time, and (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

(...) Went in to TRU to buy diapers for my kid and saw it on the way out and had to buy it. After that, ended up with four of them before I thought I had enough. (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: linked user bios?

[Added lugnet.general to newsgroups list] (...) Hi Josh, We've got some ideas in mind on the next steps we want to take with regard to people/bios/communit...es/groups, etc., but it's likely that things won't be as cut and dry as the RTL Roll Call (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) Which is another interesting thing about (most) of the Star Wars sets: they aren't playsets. They are one (or two) vehicles, and that's it. No baseplates, no extra accessories, no non-building elements. That's actually pretty cool. :) Now, if (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36e7e27f.3654011@lu...et.com>... (...) Actually, I think the reason for this is that there really aren't that many 99 sets with CRAPPs in them. Only one of the Adventurers sets, none of the Ninja sets, none of the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Buried toys story (was Re: Dark Ages story

Eric Brok writes: [story about burying toy soldiers as a kid snipped] (...) ROFL!! I can just picture this scene, with you digging wildly, and them standing kind of in the background, whispering to each other "I think Eric might need a vacation..." (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Back after very difficult week

(...) Very well said Todd. I hope that I may not be too presumptious in saying, on behalf of those of us AFOL's here in Colorado, that our thoughts are with you and Suzanne. Duane (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Buried toys story (was Re: Dark Ages story

<snip> I took the fig (my (...) This reminds me of a (non-LEGO) event from my childhood. As a child one day I put a handful of plastic toy soldiers in a bag and buried it in our back garden. I don't exactly recall why I did this; I suppose I (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Back after very difficult week

Suzanne and I have been out of the loop here for the past week and we apologize for the backlog of e-mail and admin-related posts and questions that we need to address. It's going to take us some time to get back into the swing of things. In (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

(...) I'll be watching for the new site to come up, and we'll set a link to it when it's ready. (Folks may have heard that BAYLUG is finally getting off the ground, and I'll be working on the Trains theme page, since we don't have a strict "LTC" (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

(...) I made a consious decision to switch my attention to Meccano[1] at quite an early age. At the time Technic had not been invented (and I'm not sure about those giant gears you could get once). Meccano was far more flexible at the time because (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: First Impressions of #7150 - TIE Fighter / Y-Wing

(...) I'm saddened that CRAPP seems to have waned in popularity. :( Steve (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dark Ages story

My devotion for LEGO both ended and resurrected with the 5580 Highway Rig. (URL) the age of 13-14 or so, I got this set. I bought it with my own saved money, despite my mother's comment that I was too old for LEGO. When I had built the 5580, I (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Dark Ages story

I wonder if most people entered their dark ages gradually, without really noticing that Lego was becoming less and less important to them or whether people remember making an abrupt decision to stop using Lego. For me, the former was true. I do (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Jeroen, I have posted an LDraw file to lugnet.cad.dat - "Design study - F14 Main Gear". It shows it pretty well. You do have LDraw and LDLite installed and configured to view .DAT files from the server, right? :-) If you don't, I can toss a (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wax removal?

As an apprentice candlemaker (aka Wax On Everything Woman), I'd have to strongly agree with the freezer folks, with one minor addition. While still cold, if it looks like you're going to have a dye mark problem, try some baby oil on a kleenex (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Pirates Rocky Reef 6254

I have a few new, unopened Pirates Rocky Reef #6254 to sell or trade for Islanders sets. Any interest?? -Rob Doucette. (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Looking for Jason Mantor

Michael Ulring wrote in message ... (...) cleared, (...) anyone (...) sets? (...) If you find him, let me know. I sent a check 5 weeks ago, too. Thanks! Eric Regner (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Looking for Rob Burkhardt AKA Sinister Robots

Rob, I've sent you 3 e-mails now and you haven't replied to any of them, maybe you're not getting them, though I sent you a check on 2/7 for items you were selling, the check cleared on the 2/17 and I haven't gotten my parts yet, please contact me (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

Is this your coming out party? If so, allow me to be the first to officially welcome the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club. Myself and other PNLTC members have eyed photographs of the GMLTC layout and have been overwhelmed with the details in their (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

This is a low structure, fun loving kind of group. I've been hanging with them just about every Thursday for a few weeks now and they're great. I'm happy to say that I built them a 4 bay sanding tower for the new engine service module under (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Commercial

:D They were Duplo-sized bricks. We could only hope for regular size ones to show up again. I would have never thought to bury my lego bricks... though I'd gladly buy a big set of Duplo and plant it if it meant I could "grow" an MOC of several (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club (GMLTC)

A new group of LEGO train fanatics are organizing the "Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club". Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the club currently has a 13' x 15' layout built entirely from Lego bricks. We have approximately 70 pieces of custom rolling (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Way Awesome !! thanks for sharing the picts. I like the "engine" cylinders. Reminds me of using the gray hubs from the old auto chassis wheels as outboard jet engines. Really neat Model, Jeroen and Good luck with the new one! John (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Commercial

Does anyone know if these glowing bricks are available through S@H or in which sets they come?;-) (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Karim Nassar's site?

Tim Courtney writes/wrote/has written: (...) New Lugnet Newsgroups: lugnet.off-topic.FUN...my.die.die lugnet.off-topic.FUN...immy.2.die follow up to .off-topic.fun or should that be .debate? Mark (It's early in the morning and I haven't had my (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Karim Nassar's site?

(...) I'm getting the same error message.. :( Keep Building!! -Tim <>< (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 New Lugnet Newsgroup? lugnet.off-topic.tim...ie.die.die ?? LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++] AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Commercial

I don't if this has been discussed, but I saw a Legoland Carlsbad tv commercial a few minutes ago. Kids were putting glowing bricks into ground, and they came up full grown lego creations. There was also a green roller coaster which looked really (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Well, you're lucky you took pictures of it. I would have been really bummed if you hadn't had any photos. For the number two model, please take _more_ pictures, OK? :-) (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:09:25 GMT, Jasper Janssen uttered the following profundities... (...) Usually when you are 10-15 steps beyond that point where u misused the part.... (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Karim Nassar's site?

Trying to go to Karim's site, I got a message that the server doesn't exist. I've been trying both from work and home for several days. Is it just a DNS goof, or is it really gone? Karim? Anyone? Ben (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Unfortunately I already destroyed the model to begin on number two :( Terry K <legoverse@geocities.com> wrote in article <36e4d770.6380036@lu...et.com>... <snip> (...) Jeroen (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

(...) CA = Consumer Affairs. The phone number is in the front of in-box catalogs. Steve (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

(...) What's in CA that allows you to get replacement parts? I've never heard of such a thing. (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Ultra ThrowBots: Wow!

Here's a page in which the elements from two and two ThrowBots are combined. The result is really nice! Look at these images: (URL) I'm stunned. :-) Fredrik (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

(...) I've had a similar experience when building my Space Shuttle, I thought there was a 1*8 plate missing, but it turned out I'd used a 1*8 where a 1*10 was required... on a thousand-part set, these things happen ;) jasper (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I nsee you're using MS Internet News. Doesn't that have a facility to automatically incorporate a ".sig" after your post? You could just have the usual disclaimers: "all opinions expressed herein my own view not those of my employer blah (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Trying to do such a model in LDraw would be _extremely_ difficult. Especially since many of the pieces are not available. But if he did, I would have to bow to the master. :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:02:39 GMT, "Jeroen Ottens" <ottens@get2net.dk> wrote: I think I have a hazy idea of what you described. Or perhaps a "foggy" idea. :-) It sounds simple, anyway. My version is really quite simple, and I will try to do a mostly (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) DON'T YOU DARE BRING THIS UP AGAIN. That's all we need, another debate on this. Maybe True Christians conform and try not to upset people, but "Christians" (MM and Republicans among others) are doing the exact opposite, and have been for (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Looking for Jason Mantor

I sent Jason a check about 4 weeks ago for two sets. My check has not cleared, and he hasn't replied to my 4-5 emails over the past two weeks. Does anyone know what happened to Jason, have you dealt with him and received your sets? If by some chance (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general)

  Star Wars at Orlando Lego Imagination Center

Just came back from the Orlando LIC where as someone else posted, they had LEGO Star Wars sets on the shelf. Should have gone over last night when I got into town because while I was in the store, they sold out of the Speeder Bikes. They sold out of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) :) Um, my point was that I have settled down since then... At least I hope I'm not becoming more arrogant, but I do hope that I improve as a person. Anyways, its not like you guys are my peers here, most of you are older and plus I've only met (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) I know my opinion of what I was 2.5 years ago hasn't changed in years. I don't expect it to change either. What's your point? ;) Jasper "keeps getting better(and more arrogant)" Janssen (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: AFOL (was Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) PFYFOL.[1] Jasper [1] No, not Fievel. See the Alt.sysadmin.recovery FAQ. (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO on The Late Show with David Letterman

(...) 2 days behind the originals! Used to be like, 3 weeks lag.. (...) That was my thought exactly. Jasper (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Op een zekere dag, te weten Fri, 5 Mar 1999 20:05:57 GMT, klom "Jeroen Ottens" <ottens@get2net.dk> in het toetsenbord en schreef ons: (...) Jeroen (1), this is one of the best models I've ever seen, a truly 'desighn'.... Any chances of LDraw? 8-))) (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

The main landinggear movement is controlled by three gears, 2 24 tooth normal gears and 1 24 tooth cam-gear (if that's the name of it). One of the 24 tooth gears is locked, the other is the driving one. They are placed opposite of each other with 2 (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Magic Shop (6020) for nice poem!

(...) Same really for the Wild West bandits who label their secret hideaway "Gold Mine", and further conceal their presence by putting up "Keep Out" signs :) But still - I'd rather silly/fun things in Lego rather than making it overly realistic! (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Plus, don't forget about models which may not have technical/engineering elegance, but are design marvels and are visually beautiful and elegant. I'm thinking of most of Ed Boxer's creations; wonderful architectural models. Steve (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

Funny about those 1x1 grey bricks. While building mine(got it on clearance at Target for $35.00) I noticed that I was missing a bunch of 1x1 dark grey bricks. Then I noticed that I had a few light grey ones left over. Guess what? I used them by (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

-- Mark Koesel koesel@umich.edu David Simmons <alienbuz@concentric.net> wrote in message F89Hw1.M27@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) Pictures of Star Wars Technic (well, not strictly Technic, since it is not 8XXX) have already been released. See (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wax removal?

(...) Try using discarded women's panty hose/nylons. That was what I saw recently on a Cable TV show for removing wax. I would agree that first freeze and then break away the large pieces. And I don't think that panty hose would scratch the LEGO. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Two (not so) different opinions of course, but I'll stick with mine...:-) There is always a difference between "technical elegance" and "brute force", IMHO as being an engineer. But you are absolutely right about greatness of both models. Titanic (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I would like to see a detail of how you did the main landing gear. When I started my (aborted) attempt at an F-14, that is what I started with. Mine worked very well, rotating 90 degrees as it moved up into the wing root, but it was not (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

SPECTACULAR! An incredible work of art. I'm completely blown away. Has this model ever been considered by TLG as a possible commercial release? I've always wanted to see more jets and spacecraft in the Technic line. TLG could start a new line of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) You just can't write off the Titanic model. The F-14 and the Titanic are both great models, just on two completely different levels. The F-14 is a mechanical wonder and the Titanic is more of a WOW factor. IMHO. (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: It's almost done...

OK, stage 1 is complete. Navigation buttons work and all links work. Now all I got to do is sort thru the other 100 or so Lego links and place them in the correct catagory. Once again url is ... (URL) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wax removal?

Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com> wrote in message <36E16389.53993BC@co...ve.com>... :>I thought about introducing a low heat to melt the wax so it can wipe >off, but I'm not sure what the heat tolerance of Lego really is. : :No, don't do (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

I'm the little one...I'm the poor one..(1) WOWWWW!..(2) Selçuk (1) I felt that beofre, the first time in my lego building life, when I saw Erector's minifig scale, 18000-pieces Titanic, but even it is not worth talking about now, comparing this (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) It's OK Jeroen, in English "Invaluable" means so Valuable it's beyond value: so you were right in the first place <g>. Kevin (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If finally happened, I can't believe it

(...) I've bought 2 of these, built one which was complete (I thought there was a 1x8 grey plate missing, but in fact it was just hiding between pages of the instructions <g>). The other one I just pieced out to sell/keep, but it had all the parts I (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

As a technic freak and a mechanical engineering geek, lemme' say POST IT TO DEAR LEGO!!! I would stand in line waiting to buy this model, if released by Lego! Thanks for the photos (more! more!) Eric Jeroen Ottens wrote in message (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Jeroen Ottens <ottens@get2net.dk> wrote in article <01be68a1$7908dd40$e...ottens>... (...) but (...) ^^^...^^^ That is valuable space of course;) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Even if I had the pieces I still wouldn't make a closed surface model. It simply doesn't look good. This plane has been build on a scale of 1:24 but to get the round curves right in Lego I should build it much larger. The other problem is that I (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I think it's interesting to see that the model is built in the LEGO Technic style, meaning that the body is not "full", but rather outlined by beams and so on. Making a full body would be cool, but would undoubtedly weight too much and also (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

To answer your questions partially: My Tomcat helped me to get the job, so people in here do look at that. The advertisement I answered to asked for young people... Jeroen Ottens (private mail) Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  If finally happened, I can't believe it

I finally.. for the first time in many many years, got a brand new unopened set tonight with missing pieces, and extra's of some others, which might explain why the ones that were supposed to be there were missing :( at least from a weight (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  The Tale of a Monorail

On 11 Feb I bought a 6990 monorail on eBay. I was, for some reason I still don't quite understand, the only bidder, and I got it for $175 (which considering other monorail prices, I thought was a good deal). On Thursday last it arrived, having been (...) (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  It's almost done...

My web site is almost done. Previews can be seen at (URL) I have to do now is figure out navigation buttons and they will be on the next update. LegoCork (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wax removal?

(...) but I'm not sure what the heat tolerance of Lego really is. (...) Larry's delicate-cycle double bag and this both sound like a good ideas, though I would opt not for any added heat here because wax often has dye in it, and I would not want to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) *sigh* ;') *sniff* *tear dab* After seeing that, my faith in TLG has been refreshed. Simply a wonderful model. I need to build a spaceship like that sometime. Then I could call myself a builder. Two questions to you Jeroen, that you can (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact