 General / 3105
3104  |  3106
Subject:
If finally happened, I can't believe it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 07:12:17 GMT

I finally.. for the first time in many many years, got a brand new
unopened set tonight with missing pieces, and extra's of some others,
which might explain why the ones that were supposed to be there were
missing :( at least from a weight perspective.
I'd been waiting a while to get this set, not quite sure if I wanted to
spend the cash on it, it has some great parts, I'll admit that! though
it was a lot of money when you start to think you could get 5 or 6 other
sets instead of just one!  I got the Flying Ninja's Fortress.. Missing 4
1x1 grey bricks, easily replaceable, 1 yellow 1x1 tile, not easily
replaceable 3 1x2 black plates.. again easy to replace from stock,
though it was strange to find those things missing, I got an 2 extra
dark grey 1x1 bricks and an extra long tile which was nice! and 1 extra
1x2 brick.  I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem with
this set, or if I just got one that the loading machine burped on..
which is the only explaination for it being that short on certain
things.
I've gotten opened sets from the store usually at a discount that were
missing pieces, only once have I had to call CA for replacement parts
for a new set because I couldn't replace the part from stock, so I guess
I get to do it again :(
Though at the same time, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be faster for me
to just box the set back up, take it back and ask to exchange it? all
for one yellow 1x1 tile??? is this really worth it? would you do it?
it's going to be 2 weeks probably before I can get the part from CA they
don't seem to ship as fast as S&H, at least when I've bought replacment
parts for old sets that I'd lost stuff from.
Build well and build big :)
Tamy