Subject:
Gathering of the Wise (was Re: possible translations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:58:40 GMT

Tony Rowe wrote:
One of these days, all the geomancers of Castle World will have to get
together.  There are getting to be so many that soon they can form their own
faction!

Well, it's not just for geomancers, but I've mentioned the "Gathering of the
Wise" once or twice, and I would eventually like to do it for CW.  It's sort
of like an annual* convention for wizards, sages, sorcerors, philosophers, and
other seekers of knowledge.  Wise folk from all over the world travel to
wherever it is being held to gather, exchange information, show off new spells
or enchantments, discuss their research, engage in academic politics, plot
against one another**, party hard at the local taverns***, and all sorts of
similar stuff.

I'm not ready to do this right now, of course, but it's something for all you
people with wizard-characters to keep in mind (and perhaps even work
references to into your storylines...)

* - not sure about it being annual...it might be every 5 or even 10 years,
depending.  Or it could be held whenever a full moon intersects with the star
Pecares in the Sigil of Omateion, a rare stellar junction...

** - but not act on those plots!  The Gathering is a 'neutral' zone where
wizards of all types may meet freely, without fear of coming under attack by
their enemies.

*** - The locals might welcome the Gathering at first because of all the money
it brings in, but they often come to regret their decision after finding out
what several score of drunken mages can do to a town in the name of "fun".
There's a reason the Gathering moves every year...

--
sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura