 Castle / 4025
Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:38:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, René Hoffmeister writes:
Please do not LOL if there are some crazy words in it, it would be very nice
if somebody could tell me the right words so I can put an english description
to the pictures.

Of course I won't LOL! I'm an ESLer myself and I know e'zactly what you're
going through.

I'll try my best to help you out here, I'm not sure I'll get the right stuff
either... :-)

I've tried to let translate the names of the figs by babelfish.altavista. But
the translator makes very crazy words, or do you know the
name "Carriercarriers carrier" ? ;-)

But of course! He's my favorite, um, carrier.

1st pic: a Longswordman, a  Hellebardier and an Axe Oscillator

Longswordsman is fine. I think you mean Halberdier, and Axe Swinger.

2nd pic: a free Bowman and a riding Bowman

An Archer and a Mounted archer, probably.

3rd pic: a bridge builder and a Battleknight

A bridge builder (peasant? construction worker?) and a knight. :-)

4th pic: the Yellow Prince and a Guard Horsewoman

The Yellow Prince and the Mounted Guard (I don't think you have to say it's a
girl... we can tell :-)

5th pic: a Protection Wizard, a Battle Magician and a Implorer

The frst two are fine, but what do you mean by implorer? Maybe a conjurer?
(Conjuring is bringing spirits from the dead (or somewhere else :) )

6th pic: The six keepers of the elements: Keeper of the Water (blue), Keeper
of the Fire (red), Keeper of the Earth (green), Keeper of the Life (yellow),
Keeper of the Death (black) and Keeper of the Air (white)

Sounds good to me!

Well these descriptions are great, now I know who's who! HTH!

-Shiri