 Castle / 4086
Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:07:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Actually, it's kind of interesting to think that, for example, the whole
Oedipus thing happened *because* his father knew of the prophecy and
reacted the way he did.  If he hadn't gotten rid of Oedipus in the way he
did then the whole mess never would have happened...so maybe the real
message is "Don't Ask!"

Or maybe the message is "it's gonna happen one way or another, so don't try
and interfere with Fate". Not that I believe in that.

Its an eternal question:  "By knowing the future, will I be able to change it,
or in knowing the future, will I cause it to happen?"  Its interesting to
realise that the only way to know which one is true is to wait for it the
future to arrive.  :)

Jeff