Re: Gathering of the Wise (was Re: possible translations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 02:16:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Well, it's not just for geomancers, but I've mentioned the "Gathering of • the
Wise" once or twice, and I would eventually like to do it for CW.

Ooooooh!! Count me in, definitely! Depending if this is going on in the
present or past, I might be able to contribute anywhere from 3 to 6 "wise"
people ;-)

Well, it's happened in the past, but I'd probably be hosting one happening
"now".  No reason there couldn't be flashbacks to past Gatherings, though.

Alright! In that case, I have three wizards to contribute.

Just to make sure, tho': the zone is totally neutral, yah? (Otherwise they
couldn't all be there <hint, hint>)

The Red Fox will definitely be in attendance, as will the the Grey Wolf...and
of course Dr. Cornelius and his rival, the Learned Sage Liang Chu.  I hope
that other folks coming will be able to get along better than these guys!

Ouch. Not mine! But I'm sure that my folks, individually, would get along with
some of yours and vice versa (probably likewise for any other participants).

Maybe a few others - but I'd rather use my various wizardly pieces to recreate
the 'figs of other folks who want to have their characters show up!

Well I could just give you mine... in fact if we end up hosting it in Boston
(will you want to host it?) we could work on it together, so I could gladly
join in and contribute to recreation of any minifigs that might be arriving
thru RDPs at any given moment... :-)

I'd be very happy, even, to host the convention, although my inn will be way
to small to host the whole CW wisemen... We'll need minimum Eric K's inn for
that, I guess! <grin>

Well, Eric, you, me, and Dave are all darn close together.  Eric, you
listening?  Think the Gathering could rent your inn?  Or is your village one
of the lucky few that's been forewarned? >8)

I hope Eric will join in. But just to make it clear (for other people): this
is totally NOT location-restricted! Rene (for example) could contribute all
the way from Germany just as well as I could from right here! And likewise for
anyone else, wherever you might be geographically.

This sounds like something I'd enjoy doing. If anyone's interested, drop me
note, yah?

'ey!  I orta know too, on account of it being my idea...:P  I want to get a
little bit farther in my Sain/Batu storyline before I start on this
project...but if people want to bandy a few ideas about, that's OK...

I caught myself in time, and replyed to my own post... didn't mean to steal
your thoughts :-)

This sounds like great fun! C'mon, anyone else?

-Shiri