Re: Signature Characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:05:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Jeff Johnston writes:
Shiri Dori wrote:

(Aside: shouldn't this whole thing be in .org.cw?  FU set there...)

In lugnet.castle.org, Cale Leiphart writes:
I also often have reasons behind my namings. For example, my character Kfir • is
hebrew for lion... I'm actually rethinking that name, because Kfir himself • is
NOT connected at all to the lion kingdom.

Well, it could be a name that's more symbolic than literal.  The lion is the
"King of the Beasts", and IIRC Kfir is an animal trainer of some kind, no? It
might be a bit of hubris to style himself after the King of the Beasts, even
if he's a very *good* trainer, but it's a possibility...

Because of the "King of the Beasts" symbolism, the lion is also often used as
a royal symbol.  Are you sure he's unconnected?  He might be an unacknowledged
illegitimate child, or the son or grandson of such a person...that would open
up all sorts of political possibilities, and it might even give him a reason
to support Scar in her quest for revenge...

Maybe Just Maybe and im accenting on MAYBE that Kfir could just possibly be a
Shapeshifter. Since he cant Train animals he might be able to control them
with his supernatural powers. He might be able to Turn into a Lion or other
animal.

Later,
Cj