 Castle / Castle Organizations / 16
Re: Signature Characters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 05:06:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Cale Leiphart writes:
First i was wondering why you chose one character over another to be your
signature character.

My signature character is a blacksmith. I chose him because he's a minor
character, but provides a useful service, and has done a lot of wandering
around. He's been to all the places I want to build stories around, so I chose
him as the common element, the unifying thread to all my stories. But for the
most part, he's not going to be the main or most important character in any of
the stories.

Does that character most represent you as a person.

Hmmm. I don't think so. He's bald, which I don't want to be. He is strong, and
he's well-traveled, which is nice. But he's a bit dumpy. He's made a lot of his
life, though, despite having a few major skeletons in his closet (no
spoilers!:)

Is he or she the most important person in your realm.

Not at all. But he's met a few of them, and worked for others, which helps
relate all the stories (especially in time, you can tell at a moment's glance
when the story is because of how old he is).

Did you choose them because they were diferent or cool.

Well, I didn't think anyone else would have a blacksmith, I thought most people
would choose an adventurer or some royalty. His story seemed to flow as well,
as a really good life to hang things around.

Or did you just choose them for the fun of it.

I had a lot of fun making the blacksmith shop, so that was a big part of it
too. His shop was the first complete enclosed structure I made after I came out
of my dark ages. So it's the first one I could populate and send a picture to
Pawel to get into Castle World.

I've been working on some characters of my own so im realy interested in
your replies.

I have at least two dozen major characters, all with interrelated backstory. It
is hard to choose just one, but I'm looking forward to seeing yours!