 Castle / 14892
Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:55:06 GMT

Hi Jojo,

Really nice MOC!  I wonder if you are the first to make Martin Luther in
Lego.  I like the peaked arch over the door, very original.  And I too would
rather remember Martin Luther on Oct 31 than Halloween.

Good job!
Josh

In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

For you October 31st is "Halloween".
For me it is the day (485 years ago) when Dr Martin Luther nailed 95 theses
against the practice of indulgence on the portal of the Schlosskirche
(chateau church) in Wittenberg. This was a revolt against the Church's
doctrine and let set in the age of the Reformation. So the schism of the
Churches began (which was in fact not intended by Luther).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/Eigenbauten/church/000martinluther.jpg

Well, historical research nowadays questions this formal act of nailing the
theses on the door. However, it has become sort of a legend and a symbol of
moral courage.

Bye
Jojo