 Castle / 14913
Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:22:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pedro Silva writes:
It is possible that the Doctor title comes from the theology degree Martin
Luther had, as a monk. He was a scholar, if I am not mistaken? And back
then, all Church scholars were referred to as "Doctors of the Church".

According to Jojo (see previous postings in this thread), you are correct.

BTW, MLK was a doctor of law, medicine, or other? Just curious,

A quick search online reveals that MLK received a doctorate in systematic
theology in 1955 from Boston University.

-H.