 Castle / 14926
Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:20:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler writes:
Hello!

For you October 31st is "Halloween".
For me it is the day (485 years ago) when Dr Martin Luther nailed 95 theses
against the practice of indulgence on the portal of the Schlosskirche
(chateau church) in Wittenberg.

  Some of us remember this over halloween, which after all is just a
corruption of hallow eve the eve of all saints day...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/Eigenbauten/church/000martinluther.jpg

     Beautiful.

Well, historical research nowadays questions this formal act of nailing the
theses on the door. However, it has become sort of a legend and a symbol of
moral courage.

   I know many people/books that still consider this very real, after all
the door was a message board of sorts. And the place to put anything of
debate...
Anyway it is the thought that counts...

        Thanks for sharing this and God Bless,

                 Nathan