 Castle / 14889
14888  |  14890
Subject:
October 31st - Picture of the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:59:28 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello!

For you October 31st is "Halloween".
For me it is the day (485 years ago) when Dr Martin Luther nailed 95 theses
against the practice of indulgence on the portal of the Schlosskirche
(chateau church) in Wittenberg. This was a revolt against the Church's
doctrine and let set in the age of the Reformation. So the schism of the
Churches began (which was in fact not intended by Luther).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jojo/Eigenbauten/church/000martinluther.jpg

Well, historical research nowadays questions this formal act of nailing the
theses on the door. However, it has become sort of a legend and a symbol of
moral courage.

Bye
Jojo