 Castle / 14927
Re: October 31st - Picture of the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:34:09 GMT

<>Snip<>
For you October 31st is "Halloween".
For me it is the day (485 years ago) when Dr Martin Luther nailed 95 theses
against the practice of indulgence on the portal of the Schlosskirche
(chateau church) in Wittenberg. This was a revolt against the Church's
doctrine and let set in the age of the Reformation. So the schism of the
Churches began (which was in fact not intended by Luther).

<>Snip<>

Actually, the schism in the Churches began many, many years earlier when the
Patriarch of Rome (the Pope) and his western Catholic Church broke away from
the rest of the Patriarchs of Europe, Northern Africa, and the Middle East.
Which are known today as the Antiochian, Russian, Coptic, and Greek (among
others) Orthodox Churches.

Just taking everyone back a few more years....   :)

<>Nate<>