 Castle / 1443
Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:16:07 GMT

David Eaton wrote:
I have to stick to my theory that some individual has dummied up the box and
created this Daluland stuff--perhaps for fun and amusement to see how many
suckers will bid on this!!

Nah... WAY too much work, money, and time for 1 person to make the box look
THAT good and only make one of it, solely for the purpose of fooling ebayers..
probably whatever he makes on the auction wouldn't be worth the price to print
a box up that nicely and take the photographs so well... (the box's
photographs, not the photograph OF the box)

An inkjet printer would turn out good enough pictures for this purpose

I think that this is key to the whole thing.  Someone wanted the best pieces
but decided to try and sell a "complete" Castle set anyway.

Nah... that's WAY too much trouble to go through just to keep 'rare' pieces. I
don't really know how much it would be to make a phony Lego box like that, but
I bet it's easily more expensive than buying these pieces online from some
other trustworthy Lego fan...

What if he has a bunch of 6074s? I'd watch this fellow to see if he
auctions more of these, and if in the future he auctions the rare
pieces.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com