 Castle / 1414
Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 23:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tom Reed writes:
[...] What I want to know is where is this company that is blatantly
ripping off lego clones.  What other sets are they copying?  And I would
also like to hear a comparison of their pieces to lego pieces!

I have no idea where that big clone come from.  Recently I saw some small LEGO
clone sets in Toronto.  They were inside one of those "insert coins to roll a
toy in ball" machines.  All of them are older small sets like 1733.  There is
no LEGO marking on the machines.  The set pictures have their LEGO and System
logo replaced by some English characters that doesn't make any sense.  The sets
are clearly fake just by looking from outside - in the balls the mini-fig hands
are not attached to the body, and the colours are off.  The sets are most
likely imported from mainland China since there are a few  Chinese character
printed on the pictures.  I would only expect them from places that have no or
minimal LEGO marketing present.

They costs $2 Canadian each.  If they are $1 I would bought one to take a
closer look.