 Castle / 1261
Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:08:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Carriker writes:
I found an interesting castle set from saudi-arabia on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=227975305
It looks like a variation on the Black Falcon Fortress.  Any insights from
the more knowledgeable folks here?  I noticed that it was numbered 708.

How phenomenally odd! "DALU"? "DALULAND"? I assume this is a translation of
some kind? But why translate a product name? Does "lego" mean something in
Arabic? Could it concievably be a rip off of lego? I'm not sure how copyright
laws are in the Saudi Arabia-- could it be some other company? I wouldn't
think that TLC would alter the product THAT much for another market! After
all, if they're already manufacturing Black Falcon's Fortress, why come out
with a completely different box/set/instructions/etc? And why include both
crusader and black falcon shields/figs in the same set? I need answers! (Does
this mean that nobody is castle complete without the whole Saudi line???

And is it just me, or do those minifigs not have faces?  It's hard to tell,
because the scan isn't a great resolution, but it looks like the heads are
unprinted.

Weird...I'm thinking blatant rip-off, myself, but I'm not certain.  Wonder
what the copyright notice on the box says?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/