 Castle / 1284
Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 22:34:50 GMT

David Carriker wrote:

I found an interesting castle set from saudi-arabia on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=227975305

It looks like a variation on the Black Falcon Fortress.  Any insights from the
more knowledgeable folks here?  I noticed that it was numbered 708.

That is just to darn weird!!!  I looked at it, and it looks eerily like
my BFF, but the minifig colors are not like any I've ever seen in a
castle (looks like the hands are the same color as the bodies/arms), the
crusaider shields are the wrong color (I've never seen GREY backgrounds
on them), but the BFF shields are dead on.  I can't tell...  if it's not
LEGO brand, some company went through a lot of trouble to make dead on
copies.  One thing, in the front box pic, the castle corner walls look
like the stud slots are much larger than on standard LEGO brand.  I
don't know what to say...  I'll think I'll bid on it, though, just to
solve this mystery!
jmbrown@mines.edu
http://www.pcisys.net/~jmbrown/