 CAD / 13918
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:18:12 GMT

Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

Have you noted any obvious bugs or crashes?

nope 'til now.

Good.

say I wanna make some changes to a couple of tripples. I fire up
SyncEdit and change the first tripple. hang on! does it look right?
instead of just coping the current content of SyncEdit (containing my
changes) back to LDDP I have to hit "OK" which will close the prog
:-( to do the rest I have to start up SyncEdit again: right click,
move to Plugins, move to SyncEdit ... select the line ... change the
tripple.

last but not least. when I start up SyncEdit I cannot make any
modifications in LDDP. I wish I could just jump from the plugin to
the prog and back at my will, with every change copied automatically
to the prog or the plugin. basically it is an extention of the
request above.

That's a problem with (or rather limitation in) the LDDP plugin interface.
Plugins are expected to do *one* thing, and then return to LDDP. I don't
know anything about the LDDP source, who's maintaining it, etc.

couldn't you code in something like LDView's "Always on top" and a
copy button?

No. A plugin doesn't have access to any of the LDDP settings, doesn't know
the path to LDView, doesn't know the name of the (temporary?) file LDDP is
editing, and so on. I would have to duplicate all the code to find LDView,
start a separate copy of it on a temporary file etc. Too much work :-(

I'd also like to see a tolerance box. you enter 0.005 and SyncEdit
not only marks -3.085 0 6.234 in the first two lines but also the
-3.085 0 6.239 in the third (in a different color?)

Shouldn't be too difficult. No promises about when, though...

as you already have figured out I'm a lazy guy. selecting the line
and then hitting two times the "next" button just to hop to the last
tripple are two clicks too much. how about selecting the tripple
right away?

Shouldn't be too difficult. No promises about when, though...

please give me also the possibility to change all red into blue. you
know substituting the color code 4 with color 1, gold (383) instead
of main color (16).

That would be another plugin - ReplaceColors (it's not written yet), or
rather directly built into LDDP.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm