 CAD / 13924
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:40:00 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

It'd be nice if LDDP could support more than one external program,
like it does with plugins.

The version 1.5.7.0 of LDDP that I have installed supports any number of
external programs, although the interface for adding them is a bit
non-intuitive.

Unfortunately, looking at the sources, I find no place where LDDP re-reads
the text buffer after activating an external program (it can work in WAIT or
NOWAIT mode), it seems it's mainly intended for viewers. Of course, a
workaround is to let the external program put it's result to the clipboard,
and manually paste that into LDDP or fiddle with Windows messages to do the
pasting automatically, but it feels like an unsafe way to work. Maybe I
should experiment a bit with SyncEdit.exe?

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm