 CAD / 13740
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:24:17 GMT

Steve Bliss schrieb:
snip

BTW, there are at least 2 reason not to use MLCAD to create parts which you want
to contribute to LDraw.org:

1. (General reason) it's more work than doing it in an enhanced text editor.
2. (Specifically) MLCAD does things to the file that are not allowed in official
part files, so you have to clean up the code afterwards (and then you can no
longer edit it in MLCAD).

snip

I can not agree.

All parts that I have done are made with MLCad.

The only things I have to do before uploading is:
1) Remove lines with color entries (if you have some special added)
2) Remove lines with "ROTATE" statements
3) Remove all other meta statements (ex. MLCAD HIDE)
4) Change all "BFC CERTIFY INVERTNEXT" to "BFC INVERTNEXT"
5) Change "Unofficial Model" to "Unofficial Part"

Most of this can be done by scripts.

I can edit every part that I have created and uploaded to the parts
tracker again in MLCad. I only have to do the corrections (see above)
again before uploading.

I would not be a part author without MLCad.

MikeHeide