 CAD / 13926
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:19:55 GMT

Anders Isaksson wrote:
Of course, a workaround is to let the external program put
it's result to the clipboard, and manually paste that into LDDP

OK, I modified the standalone version a bit. It is now suitable to be used
as a 'User-defined program' in LDDP (the 'Parameter' field in LDDP should be
set to '%0'). Note that such programs can *only* work with the full file,
not selections in LDDP. Remember that you have to paste the results yourself
into the right window in LDDP (CTRL-A, CTRL-V)

http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/synceditsa.zip

There is no automatic update of the SyncEdit window when you change anything
in the LDDP window, it *might* be possible to do even though there is no
setting for automatic saving of the buffer for user-defined programs, only
for LDView and L3Lab, but it looks like the file name used is the same.

or fiddle with Windows messages to do the pasting automatically, but it
feels like an unsafe way to work

This isn't really doable, as LDDP is a MDI program (can have many files open
at the same time) and there's no way for an external program to be sure that
the right file window is still open and has focus.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm