 CAD / 13917
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/syncedit.zip      Free standing .exe
http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/synceditdll.zip   Plugin for LDDP

I gave it try for a specific project I'm currently working on and
where I have to actually modify the figures (beside the rounding and
a general clean up) and it works fine! have you worked on the prog in
the meantime and a stable 1.0 at hand?

Thanks for your feedback! No, I haven't done anything more, but if
you say it works fine then I can bump the version number to 1.0 :-)

Have you noted any obvious bugs or crashes?

nope 'til now.

it would also be great if I could prompt to LDview or prompt to
LDDP (which would then prompt to LDView) in order to have visual
feedback on the changes. say a copy to LDDP feature).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. If you use the plugin
with LDDP, the text (or selected text) in the LDDP editor will be
replaced with the result from the SyncEdit plugin.

There's no obvious way for a LDDP plugin to trigger an LDView
refresh, that should be the responsibility of LDDP (just setting
the polling frequency in LDDP?).

Feel free to continue reporting bugs and suggesting changes!

my usual approce to work my way through the code is polling to
LDView with "Poll to selected line only" enabled and LDView's
feature "View -> Always on top" turned on, so I can run LDView in a
small window in order to have immediate visual feedback.

say I wanna make some changes to a couple of tripples. I fire up
SyncEdit and change the first tripple. hang on! does it look right?
instead of just coping the current content of SyncEdit (containing
my changes) back to LDDP I have to hit "OK" which will close the
prog :-( to do the rest I have to start up SyncEdit again: right
click, move to Plugins, move to SyncEdit ... select the line
... change the tripple. dude, I don't have the patience for all
those clicks ;-) couldn't you code in something like LDView's
"Always on top" and a copy button?

  [snipping other suggestions...]

last but not least. when I start up SyncEdit I cannot make any
modifications in LDDP. I wish I could just jump from the plugin to
the prog and back at my will, with every change copied automatically
to the prog or the plugin. basically it is an extention of the
request above.

Sounds like you want a wrapper plugin to start up the executable
version of syncedit and return control to LDDP right away.  I did
something like this years ago with the ldlist wrapper plugin.

http://ldglite.cvs.sourceforge.net/ldglite/ldglite/plugins/pluginldlist.c?revision=1.1&view=markup

Then you could theoretically work in both the LDDP and syncedit
windows with the ldview window displaying any updates, as long as you
can make syncedit and LDDP poll the file for changes like ldview.

This could be even better if LDDP and the syncedit executable both
supported the ldlist style drag and drop, but I don't know if that
ever got implemented in LDDP.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=8982