 CAD / 13915
Re: Call for GUI part editor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:25:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/syncedit.zip      Free standing .exe
http://web.telia.com/~u16122953/synceditdll.zip   Plugin for LDDP

I gave it try for a specific project I'm currently working on and
where I have to actually modify the figures (beside the rounding and
a general clean up) and it works fine! have you worked on the prog in
the meantime and a stable 1.0 at hand?

Thanks for your feedback! No, I haven't done anything more, but if you say
it works fine then I can bump the version number to 1.0 :-)

Have you noted any obvious bugs or crashes?

nope 'til now.

it would also be great if I could prompt to LDview or prompt to LDDP
(which would then prompt to LDView) in order to have visual feedback
on the changes. say a copy to LDDP feature).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. If you use the plugin with
LDDP, the text (or selected text) in the LDDP editor will be replaced with
the result from the SyncEdit plugin.

There's no obvious way for a LDDP plugin to trigger an LDView refresh, that
should be the responsibility of LDDP (just setting the polling frequency in
LDDP?).

Feel free to continue reporting bugs and suggesting changes!

my usual approce to work my way through the code is polling to LDView with
"Poll to selected line only" enabled and LDView's feature "View -> Always on
top" turned on, so I can run LDView in a small window in order to have immediate
visual feedback.

say I wanna make some changes to a couple of tripples. I fire up SyncEdit and
change the first tripple. hang on! does it look right? instead of just coping
the current content of SyncEdit (containing my changes) back to LDDP I have to
hit "OK" which will close the prog :-( to do the rest I have to start up
SyncEdit again: right click, move to Plugins, move to SyncEdit ... select the
line ... change the tripple. dude, I don't have the patience for all those
clicks ;-) couldn't you code in something like LDView's "Always on top" and a
copy button?

I'd also like to see a tolerance box. you enter 0.005 and SyncEdit not only
marks -3.085 0 6.234 in the first two lines but also the -3.085 0 6.239 in the
third (in a different color?):

// 3 6 -2.864 0 6.532 -3.085 0 6.234 -3.232 0 6.305
// 3 16 -2.864 0 6.532 -2.609 0 6.297 -3.085 0 6.234
// 3 16 -2.609 0 6.297 -2.937 0 6.119 -3.084 0 6.239

sometimes I get rounding errors because the output of my cad-prog is quite
messy. the tolerance feature could not only work around this problem, but also
used to detect actual rounding errors.

as you already have figured out I'm a lazy guy. selecting the line and then
hitting two times the "next" button just to hop to the last tripple are two
clicks too much. how about selecting the tripple right away?

please give me also the possibility to change all red into blue. you know
substituting the color code 4 with color 1, gold (383) instead of main color
(16).

last but not least. when I start up SyncEdit I cannot make any modifications in
LDDP. I wish I could just jump from the plugin to the prog and back at my will,
with every change copied automatically to the prog or the plugin. basically it
is an extention of the request above.

hmmm ... quite a long list ... many thx in anticipation for fullfilling my wild
dreams :-)))

w.