 Announcements / 537

Subject:
Announcing The Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 01:01:24 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

-- guild hq, dateline 31/03/2000 --

Today, on 31 March 2000, we, the undersigned, are pleased to publicly announce
the formation and existence of

      -- THE GUILD OF BRICKSMITHS(tm) --

The Guild is a band of LEGO Fans who have become concerned at the dearth of
high quality kits available and decided to do something about it. Founded in
early December of 1999, the Guild began planning ways of fostering commerce
and developing kits for the Adult Fan marketplace, working together to
develop the mechanisms to make it happen, and gathering supplies for our
initial production runs.

Read more about the Guild and our plans, hopes and goals at:

http://mrfws1.innovation.com/~larryp/guild/guild_blurb.html

The Guild is pleased to announce that Guildsman Daniel Siskind has launched
his new line of products with the stunning Brickmania 001 Blacksmith shop.
This 600 plus piece beauty, the first in a series of castle-themed custom
building kits designed by Dan Siskind and made entirely with LEGO (tm)
building bricks. is a marvel of design and detail, and is offered to the
general public at Dan's site. Dan will soon be selling two other kits,
Crossroads Tavern (Brickmania 002) and Country Mill (Brickmania 003)

Read more about it at:

http://www.brickmania.com/kits.html

(temporarily, pending some minor DNS problems being resolved:
http://64.224.224.231/kits.html )

The Guild is pleased to announce that Guildsman Kevin Wilson has concluded
test marketing of his city accessories: Decorative Fountain, and Old
Fashioned Street Lamps, and is offering them to the general public at his
site. Kevin has commenced production of his Painted Lady Victorian kit which
will be available soon. Kevin also is planning for a unique custom sailing
ship assembled model to be made available soon.

Read more about it at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/kevc.htm

The Guild is pleased to announce that Guildsman James Powell is continuing
to market his line of 2 axle Waggons, with two types currently available and
more under development. He is offering them to the general public at his
site.

Read more about it at:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoJPG/FSwaggon/FSwag.html

The Guild is pleased to annouce that Guildsman Larry Pieniazek is continuing
to market his 4 axle hopper kit, and has plans for the release of a Bulkhead
Flat kit as well as a much more comprehensive line of 9V trains.

Read more about it at:

http://mrfws1.innovation.com/~larryp/milton/index.html

Watch for more news from the Guild of Bricksmiths.

Kits of Distinction: Designed by Craftsmen, Built by Connoisseurs

Signed:

- Dan Siskind
- Kevin Wilson
- James Powell
- John Neal
- Julie Krenz
- Larry Pieniazek
- Michael Ulring
- Mike Stanley
- Tom Stangl
- Tony Priestman

The Guild of Bricksmiths.

-- ends --

We are all pretty excited. This is the dawning of a new level of cooperative
fan endeavour.

FUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade.

If there are questions about the guild operation, we'd be happy to discuss in
market.theory (however some information is proprietary, sorry about that)

Larry Pieniazek, Guildsman
Lugnet Member #5

Re: Announcing The Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)