 Marketplace / Theory / 1253
Re: How does one become a "Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)" member?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:51:21 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.market.theory, Scott Arthur writes:

Lar:
Scott:
Kevin:
If you mean the Guild of BrickSMITHS, it is no more "within LUGNET"
than it is "within RTL". Completely separate entity.
Nor is it a faction.

faction = a group within a larger group.

Warning, some words elided from the above by Scott.

...are you insinuating I would seek to deliberately mislead anyone?

Hardly. Why, *did* you? I would say "accidentally misled" because I don't
choose to ascribe malice to that which can be satisfactorily explained
otherwise.

A faction is "group within a larger group",

Yes, we heard this incomplete definition the first time, thanks muchly for
repeating it.

As I demonstrated, it is not. Not merely, at any rate. Faction carries a
connotation which is *quite* negatively loaded. One which cannot be evaded by
accusations of paranoia on the part of the recepients of the appelation.

Why are we going here? We're not a faction. We seek to sow no dissent, start no
brawls, foment no discord. We merely wish to present our wares for purchase.
And so we did, to apparently universal acclaim if the ratings on our
announcement are to be believed.

Why not wait for Richard to clarify his remarks, if he so chooses? Or drop it.

++Lar