 Off-Topic / Fun / 5068
Re: How does one become a "Guild of Bricksmiths(tm)" member?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:34:36 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <BramL@JUNO.com> writes:

The other models are pretty nice.  This render was especially nice:
http://www.cheapass.com/Graphics/taurus.jpg
Evidently James Ernest is not only a fan of LEGO, but a fan of L3P too.

Are you sure that's L3P?  I don't think so.  Look at the control stick
on the top, for example.  An L3P'd version of this would have visible
polygons, I think.  Or is the scale too small for the polygons to be
visible?

And what about that small dish?  There's something wrong about it.  I
don't think and L3P'd version would look like that.  (Aren't the edges
too thin?)

Either way, it does look like a POV-Ray rendering.  He probably used
media for the light beams, right?  If they weren't added afterwards in
a graphics program, that is.

Fredrik