 Trains / 28175
Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:51:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeffrey Jarvis wrote:

Dear Jeffrey,

thanks a lot for your reply on my posting. The Model of the BR39 does not contain so much rare parts as other engines, I did before. Whenever you see the “set 7750 type wheels”, the creation becomes really expensive (24 $ per wheel block is the average price now!). Black 2x2 classic windows are the next “bad” parts (12..15 $ per piece). I am not aware for any rare parts with this engine now. Just the 4 red minifig steering parts on the trucks of the tender may be slighly rare.

So this model contains just 1050 parts and most of them are standard ones. Building a model with rare colours like orange and dark green will be much worse.

So I wish you good luck in hunting good priced parts, in order to make your dream creations true soon!

The long train engines you have shown are definitely worth to be modeled in LEGO bricks. In the meantime you may consider to model them in ML-CAD / LDraw. Once you are trained a bit on those programs they are 100% fun.

Leg Godt!

Ben

   Reinhard “Ben” Beneke,

WOW. Simply amazing. I wish I had those peices, but I dont and nor do I have the money form them. Great attention to detail. Just as a suggestion, I know you hate the new grey colors, but I have found they work perfectly for most modern trains since they use a lot of cool grey colors. Even the old dark red and tan IC express uses dark cool grey.

But like everyone else I am wanting a dcc system or something like it. That and metal flanged wheels and brushing pegs so I can make geared electric locomotives. Like the worlds longest electric locomotive made by General Electric for the Milwaukee Road and others.

Heres what I want to build some day: Not sure which paint schemes though... The first one is an A+B+B+A unit and still the world’s longest.