 Trains / 28161
Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:05:16 GMT

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
Hi train fans,

the possible(?) end of 9V trains, the blay desaster and the too high demands of
myself against my MOCs have lead to a kind of frustration in my hobby. Due to
all this and more, I lost a lot of the fun that LEGO meant to me in the past,
but nevertheless here comes a new MOC of mine.

The BBB-wheels (thanks to Ben Fleskes!!) are grouped 4+4 with a
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2151339 gearwheel connecting
both groups> to synchronize them. The two short connecting rods look (nearly)
like one when they are in motion.

So here is the full engine again from the other side:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2157069<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/train-engines/BR39/thumb/06_br39_rightside.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

This is simply beautiful. It reminds me of being a kid again and
looking through the Marklin catalog for my favorite engine every
Christmas.

Now that LEGO has announced a partnership with Hitechnic for NXT
sensors, what is standing in the way of them selling BBB wheels
on their website?

Ralph