 Trains / 28173
Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:29:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
Hi train fans,

Hello, Ben!

I'm glad that despite your frustrations with TLG, you have nevertheless
decided to build with our favorite toy:-)  And what a build!  This is a
fantastic MOC; the engineering, the amazing schleim action, and your overall
attention to detail is
jaw-droppingly superb!  You are quite the perfectionist, and it really shows.

I hope this build has rekindled your love of LEGO; it has been downright
inspirational to me:-)

Schleim on you schleimer!

Dear John,

Thanks for your kind words on this engine. I have been a LEGO Fan for more than
30 years now. For 25 years that included both the company and the LEGO toy
system.

Although the company has done some huge steps towards us fans, I am still quite
sad about the company politics regarding the product quality (and that includes
keeping the "System" in all aspects alive - including the colors + 9V trains).

But 99% of my bricks are pre 2004 - so I tend to ignore the Billund management
(as far as possible) and enjoy my bricks instead. That is the good part of this
message. And of course i have still lots of ideas, which have to be made true: I
love dirty structures like oldfashioned coke- and steel plants. And even
concerning steam trains I still have things to build. I never managed to build a
nice stram lined engine.....

Schleim on!

Ben

P.s:
there is still one of your models, which I would like to copy (at least your
model was the first which impressed me for making up my own creation in a
similar way):

a German fellow came with a very similar model recently: