 Trains / 15163 (-100)
  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

Keep dreaming about DDC... LEGO is NOT going to do that anytime soon. Directs prioroty it is show more people that LEGO makes trains. From the expression on his (Brad) face the idea of investing in creating new molds and looking at DDC is not going (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  ...annnd I forgot the footnotes

Here are the footnotes for the previous message: [1] But don't worry, Todd Thuma did an excellent job as photographer and took anywhere between 500-1000 pictures of the event. Also, check out Mark Papenfuss's Brickshelf pics...he took a TON too. [2] (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: wow - brickswest 2002

"steve barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message news:GrsHwG.Ksv@lugnet.com... (...) I'll chime in here. BricksWest was AWESOME!! It was so much fun talking to people, and I walked away with a true sense of community. Seeing old friends and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?

(...) That is how I also heard it. My interpretation was that *IF* any more were produced, they would not be numbered (this was not implied one way or another, just my interpretation\opinion.) -Mark (#2) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) I'd be willing to pay for that (and my layout has 14 points!). Besides all Lego really has to invest in to get a DCC solution started is DCC compatible engine motors and points. I think everything else would be able to be bought off the shelf. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: snip (...) Are the tiles numbered, or are the numbers on stickers that go on the tiles ? If the tiles themselves were numbered, that would be way cool, but I was expecting stickers. Ray (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Super Chief and it's Numbers

For all of us that were at Brickswest did anyone see anything about a "Certificate" saying that your engine is number XXXX? I ask becausee even if you have a regsitry of which engine you have this is really NOT a collectors item as lego is making it (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) For what it's worth, the S@H rep I spoke to yesterday said that there were already over 600 orders in the system for 10020. Wow. Rick C. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

Bryan Kinkel wrote: <snip> (...) Don't forget that automated points probably won't come cheap. In olden (12v) days, a single automated point cost as much as two manual ones. Will there be a market for a single $30 automated point? A layout gets (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) This has been mentioned before, but don't forget that short straights are easy to make, and quite functional. Rick C. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) LOL, well I'm not changing the title of it though! ;) jt (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) No. I looked at the box shown at BricksWest pretty carefully, and the only indication I saw of the number was the actual 1x2 red tile that has the number printed on it. I didn't look at the instructions or see any "certificate"... I think the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) - snip - First of all, thanks for posting the transcript. I've been whining lately about not being able to buy a 3033 Blue Tub, so it was interesting to see some comments about the tubs and buckets. I'm not sure that I believe the claim that (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: transcript is up

*****FOR ALL***** When dealing with .pdf files on the internet it is BEST to download the file your your PC and then open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Trying to have IE or netscape use the Acrobat reader plug-in is a PAIN and takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Does nobody understand irony? btw : I think all of the 1st 5 are to be listed on ebay. Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

Any thoughts on why I can't open the transcript. I am running IE 6 and have Acrobat reader 5. Thanks for any help George "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GrtE9z.M1C@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) benjamin you are wrong. Engines 1,2,3,4 & 5 will be a) an auction on ebay or b) given out some other way (contest, etc...). The first available number thru Direct is #6. -AHui (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) well good luck Scott, considering those are going to be auctioned off on E-bay (well 1 and 2) getting number 3 will probably be even harder considering it is the first one <available for direct purchase> to the general public. Benjamin (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Future of trains in my mind (was Re: transcript is up)

(...) <snipped a little bit> (...) John, I like your idea. Here is my Euro 0.05 ... Since I'm not planning to switch to 8-wide I welcome the idea to keep the current track gauge so I can benefit from both worlds. The LMT line could be focussed on (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

If those gray wheels will only be 10020 and not a "Sante Fe Service Pack" then building additional cars will get *very* expensive. If Lego Direct wants to become the 'new Lionel' (see the transcript), I would consider this type of situation a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Stickers and Windows (Was Re: transcript is up)

The 10020 has both Stickers and Windows. The side circular windows are an actual piece NOT a sticker. The text 'santa fe' on the sides and front are stickers! See me images on the brickshelf side for real close ups of the engine that they brought to (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: wow - brickswest 2002

Thanks Frank! It was a very good sight to see someone still remembers the grand o'l 12V system! I'll bring the 7745 next time. BricksWest meant very much to me as well. After years of talk of creating a Lego train club here and seeing it get off the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

A b-unit is like a "slave" locomotive. it carries another power unit equal (i think) in output to the A-unit, but doesn't have a cab, it's directly controlled from the A-unit cab. the reason being that it offered a lot more flexiblilty to the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) B units (see my old glossary referenced from the front page of this newsgroup's web interface) are cabless versions of A units. Usually they are mechanically identical except for the omission of controls (or inclusion of greatly simplified (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Of course, the question burning in everybody's mind is: Who's the lucky devil who's going to get engine #666? That sure will be one interesting Satan Fe Super Chief. ;) Enough of this waiting in limbo, when's my 10020 arrive? Ugh, this thread (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) I think the service pack will provide the parts to change the engine into the b-unit - *not* provide the essential b-unit parts you mention... but I'd rather it was your way. (...) Ditto Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) good, but the Sleeper-Lounge-Observation Car is the winner for me. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: transcript is up

Couple of questions and observations... 1. A & B units - I assume a "B" unit is a non-passenger / non-cargo unit that drives behind the main engine? Correct? So on (URL) B unit is the second unit in the first graphic. 2. Has it been determined if (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

In lugnet.trains, Scott Arthur writes: SNIP (...) The following link may shed some light on the difference between A and B units: (URL) you can see, the B units would require three grey 1x2x2 thin walls with circular window on each side, whereas the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) I got the impression that a service pack would be offered to convert the "engine" into a car but the transcript talks about b-units (which I assume is a tail engine). I'm not sure why we need a service pack to do that - was it/is it different? (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) Ahui, Many thanks for that. I guess one had to be there to get the "(crowd laughs)" parts. ;) Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Once “the register” is in place there will be an opportunity for swapping. Rob may well get 377 in the end. Personally, I would settle for a consecutive run of 3 or so. Preferably: 1, 2 & 3. ;) Scott A (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) Thanks for the transcript, Ahui! I have just 2 questions: 1. Will LD be producing any Super Chief cars? 2. What's the big no-no with a Peanuts Licence? ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) Cool. The bad news is that "a space legend is not likely anytime soon". Guess thats EVEN MORE of my money going into 2nd hand stuff. Not everyone wants STAR WARS brad :) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Future of trains in my mind (was Re: transcript is up)

(...) Yes, Ahui, thank you so much. It is great having a written record of these events. I have so many great things to say about BricksWest and all of the people I met there, that it will take some time to get it all out-- but I'll take this (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

(...) Greg, Thank you for the very kind words. I had a lot of fun building most of the park. The playground came together after a couple of rebuilds. It wasn't designed as a copy of a real-life structure, but a sense of realism was the most (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  Re: WOW! - BricksWest 2002

I omitted including lugnet.events.brickswest when I posted this message before, so here it is in case you missed it previoulsy, For those of you unable to attend the Inaugural BricksWest Event, I've posted a variety of pics from the event on my (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: transcript is up

(...) THANKS for posting that transcript. Fascinating reading (1) and it must have been a fair bit of work for you to do all that transcribing. Your effort is much appreciated by this reader and, I am sure, many others. 1 - even if some of the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  transcript is up

(URL) also uploading images of the prize table and a bunch of other stuff. There are some close ups of the Santa Fe for you train lovers.... -Ahui The images will take me some time as there are 285 images for a total of 200MB! I'm uploading them in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: wow - brickswest 2002

(...) I'll 2nd the fun! I was worried for a while that there wouldn't be an opportunity to get my 12v set up and give folks a chance to play, but fortunately I noticed some key things in the schedule and was able to commandeer the stage for most of (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I actually have a chance for mine (#5) if I want to pay through the nose once it comes up for bid. Seriously, the logistics of letting people request particular numbers boggle the mind... (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at the 2002 SMRC Train Show...

LEGO Fans, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will be displaying at the SMRC (Sarasota Model Railroad Club) Train Show in Manatee County, Florida. Come on out and see our 40 x 20 ft display with the following: - The new LEGO Santa Fe Super Chief (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

(...) wow, Wow, WOW! Thanks for posting these pictures Ray. What a great layout. I'm still digesting the whole gallery but I wanted to immediately respond with a rave of appreciation for the scenes set in the park. The playground is just incredible (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  SCLTC Layout at BricksWest 2002

For those of you unable to attend the Inaugural BricksWest, I've posted a variety of pics from the event on my BrickShelf page (URL) currently have some of the pics of the SCLTC Layout that was up in the LEGOLAND Park. I will be adding more pics (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) could've at least grabbed a pic from the LEGO site, though. ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) I only see one listing: (URL) pathetic listing, and no picture? -Rob. (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Is this posted yet? If so, where? best LFB (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) From the pictures here (thanks Rosco): (URL) A unit has the 2 windows, but you would need the expansion pack to build the B unit, along with grey motor sides etc. Any hints on what the expansion pack includes? Martin (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

Darn, now I have to buy 4 more 10020's so I can make some "b" units... Oh well, it is tax return season... -Rob "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:Grt3wo.Hqx@lugnet.com... (...) engine (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Version 2 of the ETR480

Version 2 of a kiddie's ETR480. I've made one of the stripes wider, added some bricks under the wagon plates, and fleshed out the wheels. Enjoy! (URL) Henry Kruer (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Answering my own question: (URL) some good pics as well. ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Anyone know of a reference that has a list of the actual (real-life) engine numbers assigned to the super-chiefs? I imagine those would be fairly sought-after. ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

I would like to have my Lugnet member number: 377 -Rob "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GrrxuD.Ln0@lugnet.com... (...) production (...) train (...) would be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) Well the updating of the list will be a manual process at this point, so I'll handle the formatting of the data once it arrives (for now). As this project takes off I'll probally be adding more of an automated process and will make the fields (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Check this one out and tell me if someone else has done it

(...) (URL) I think the charity may be a good idea, I don't think I'll be bidding on those... ROSCO FUT .o-t.fun (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) Some of the fields look a bit cramp to me. Approximately how many characters are available for "Owner Name" before the tail is visualy cut off in the list? "Country" seems to be a little short also, are we supposed to fill in the official (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

(...) I wanna know how John & Jane Doe got theirs' delivered so quickly!! ROSCO FUT .o-t.fun (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?

I just finsihed the transcitps the of Q&A with Brad Justin at Brickswest. On the question of 10,000. This is what he said. Question 39: How limied (on train engine) is limited? Answer: "It's a seriesm of 10,000. We run out of the numbered ones at (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10020 limited to 10000 sets or not?

I am debating the urgency of buying a couple of these right away. I definitely want a pair, but economic circumstances are not as good as I'd like right now. (Are they ever?) (...) But in an earlier post he wrote: (...) My emphasis on "only." Can (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

There is enough engines for everyone to get 1 or 2. Besides the VP said "It's a series of 10,000. We run out of the numbered ones at 10,000." He laters says that if they need more they will make more (most likely without the number). Also on the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Santa Fe Super Chief Train Engine Registry

In February 2002 LEGO® released the 10020 Santa Fe Super Chief as a special numbered limited edition. In effort to track the release numbers this registry has been created. If you own a limited edition LEGO® Santa Fe Super Chief please visit the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !!

Ahui Herrera wrote in message ... (...) Well, they'd better hurry it up. Santa Fe engines are already appearing on eBay. Kevin ---...--- TOWN Lego Building contest! (URL) Hospital 2396 piece kit! (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Agree. Only in my priority list it's quite far down. (...) Some lines above the curve radius. (...) YES! Maybe this would be even my number one wish. (...) Again: this is really great news. If they are going to work on new curves, new short (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Sounds like a good project for someone. J2, how about an 8-wide version of the new Super Chief? Are you up to the challenge? Compare well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  wow - brickswest 2002

That was a blast; on so many levels its hard to recount them all. The best part was hangin' with everyone! It was great to put faces to names, meeting many for a 2nd or 3rd time and building on old friendships. The MOCs, Frank's 12v setup, and (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

Two more things on this topic and then I'm going to post the transcript of the Q&A. 1) The train engine that was given as a goft was number: A8841. 2) Train engines 1 - 5 will be auctioned off on eBay.com by LEGO in the future. This is something new (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe (10020) registry?

(...) James, This really is a good idea. I may even open the box to get the number. ;) It will be interesting to see how many of 10k you can record... and if Lego makes any doppelgängers. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe (10020) registry?

Yes, we'd want to track all of the units, even if they're never "commissioned" in to service. It would be interesting to see if a pattern apears for numbers here in the states versus sets sold in Europe and other parts of the world. I'll send you (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe (10020) registry?

(...) Cool. I will of course put a link to it from the .trains front page (remember folks, if you see things that maybe ought to be there, drop me a line). So would you want to collect all numbers from folks, even for ones bought for parts (I plan (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) I feel that it's not just width, you have to increase length a fair bit and height a small bit when you go to 8 wide, so I would argue that the brick increase is anywhere from 30% to 100%, tending toward the higher of that range. J2 disagrees, (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GrrICE.HoK@lugnet.com... (...) done. Not to start another 6 vs. 8 wide debate, but I hope Lego Direct concentrates on the continued revival of the six wide, 9 volt train line and expanding (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 SFSC proud owners list

James J. Trobaugh wrote in message ... (...) in (...) Cool! Consider mine registered as soon as I have it! Wessel (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 SFSC proud owners list

I've started putting a registry together for the LEGO SF, it should be up in the next day or so, just in time for the back orders to start arriving. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10020 SFSC proud owners list

Dunno if someone else has already come up with this, but I think it would be kinda cool to create a list here on LUGNET where you can register which number(s) of the Santa Fe Super Chief you own. Something like a SFSC 'Proud Owners List' Ok, such a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Well, we've had this debate before. I want big wheels too. But the curves need fixing. We need two radii so that parallel tracks look better. We need the turnout/switch geometry fixed so you can do a proper diverge and a proper crossover. We (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) which in fact has no problems with the actual curve radius. Stay 6 or 7-w and you don't need new curves. I want big train wheels and red wheel blocks now... (But to be honest: I've already got more news to buy in 2002 than I ever had (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) I would like to have 119, 4551, 7740, 7750, 7777 which are my favorite train sets. Any 77xx or some of the (virtual) numbers of my April fools joke would be cool too. Kind Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Well, that is what this says: (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Drat. That very item has officially swayed me to trains. The reissue of the Legends sets didn't do it. The build it yourself colored trains nearly did it, but I managed to holf off, but this...this is just... My first HO train set was a Sante (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Yes BUT they already HAVE an 8 wide set... the tanker. :-) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

BTW The santa fe that lego brough to show us WAS GIVEN away as a prize at the last minute. It was number 84,???. I think. As for the curved track the word was that new track geometry is being worked on and will be coming soon in the curves. The (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GG-1 MOC Complete

(...) I think this is a beautiful example of this classic engine. One of the finest in lego I've seen. I like the way you incorporated the sloping pin stripe on the side. Very creative. Keep up the good work. Cheers, John Warren (23 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

John Eric Voltin wrote in message ... (...) above (...) like This is a perennial problem, unfortunately. I wrote the Buying Lego FAQ (URL) (which needs updating, but still contains much useful info) as something I and others could link to from (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

(...) Aha! This is the important bit for me. Did the hint mention 8-wide-compatibility or just "new curved track" all alone? Pedro (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) The crime here is not that the seller has used these words, but that the words themselves originate from LEGO. The only three words (used in LEGO advertising) that are worse than these 5 are the words "Hard to Find". The company is in some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) LEGO uses these words in their own ads. They mean "regular" stores when they say it, so it's not suprising that resellers would use that wording too. (...) Some people don't live in areas that have Lego sold locally (I know, it's scary) and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Current LEGO Sets on eBay

(...) Yes, it does, but caveat emptor, of course. In this case since the early orders are going to get filled first, if the seller has actually ordered already, the buyer would get the item before he would if he ordered it for himself, by some (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Current LEGO Sets on eBay

I periodically notice currently available LEGO sets on eBay for prices above suggested retail. I assume these items sell to individuals that are not familiar with LEGO Shop-At-Home or www.lego.com. For example, today I noticed one of LEGO's new sets (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Heads up on new 10020 Santa Fe train at shop.lego.com

According to Ahui Herrera (posted in .trains on 18 February 2002 08:50) "The 1st first five ARE NOT AVALIBALE FOR PURCHASE as they were taken out of the production run and will be given away by lego as promos/contest,etc" "also he (VP) hinted at new (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes: snip (...) Note sure if anyone has asked this but... Within the relm of the numbered sets, is there any exterior way of determing the numbers within the box ? I would assume that certain numbers or ranges of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) That's only 10,000 numbered sets, they didn't say they would stop production at 10,000. jt (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

Kevin Salm <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:GrpwDw.J3J@lugnet.com... (...) plans (...) That is 10000 (...) snip (...) here... I will take two or four. I hope to see them as loose parts (bulk?) Seems weird to me that they will make only (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sunday NGLTC Atlanta Greenberg pictures

(...) Here are some better shots of John's UP trains (from this past summer) (URL) (...) There are three of the Upper Chattahoochee engines (red & white) in the background. They are identical engines based on a GP45. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GG-1 MOC Complete

(...) It's hard to do Loewy compound curves in this medium but I was very impressed with how close you got! I eagerly await better pics. My biggest criticism is the pantographs do not seem delicate enough but it's hard to get them lacey given what (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  10020 at brickswest and what the Sr. VP of lego direct said

Hello I'm writing from brickswest and here is something that the Sr. VP of LEGODIRECT told us during the Q&A we had with him yesterday when he introduced the 10020 and left it there for us to play with. It's still at brickswest right now. I'll have (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Parts

"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GrouD7.17D@lugnet.com... Hi John, (...) go to our website www.broich.onlinehom...egoe.html, there you can download many of the monorail parts. The other way is to look at (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) You could produce these yourself, I think, using a genuine one for a pattern and applying adhesive labels on panels or bricks for much less initial cost and effort. To anyone who will be parting these out: I will take the Red winscreens--two (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Yeah! What she said! Thanks Maggie! (I know this is off topic, but it happens to relate to a pet peeve of mine. For the record, "beg the question" does NOT mean "prompt the question," despite widespread incorrect usage. For those interested, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GG-1 MOC Complete

This is great! I love these old engines. And your cantenaries are pretty cool. Too bad LEGO doesn't make wider radii in curves, this would have devestated houses and scenery at the Greenburg Train Show. And for all us WAMALUGer's, thanks for adding (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

  GG-1 MOC Complete

I have posted pictures of my completed GG-1 - see (URL) locomotive is 6-wide (of course) and 50 studs long. You can only do so much selective compression when there are so many wheels. Even at 50 studs, it does go around curves. The panatographs go (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact