 Trains / 15142
Re: wow - brickswest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:35:39 GMT

Thanks Frank!  It was a very good sight to see someone still remembers the
grand o'l  12V system!  I'll bring the 7745 next time.

BricksWest meant very much to me as well.  After years of talk of creating a
Lego train club here and seeing it get off the ground as we have the last
six months makes me feel great.

I also got a deep personal satisfaction by being able to not just post a pic
of a bridge (or whatever) but to actually show it "LIVE!" to all there.
This is not just of what I brought but of everyone who participated at BW.
A photo can only show a particular view but to be able to be there and get
near infinite views of a creation is something I think we can all agree is
much more satisfying.

Must be patient ... must be patient... till BricksWest 2003!!!!!!

Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
steve barile wrote:

That was a blast; on so many levels its hard to recount them all. The • best
part was hangin' with everyone! It was great to put faces to names, • meeting
many for a 2nd or 3rd time and building on old friendships. The MOCs,
Frank's 12v setup, and trading ideas during the sessions, and driving • the
Santa Fe around! AND the SCLTC's layout was incredible! Their 2nd show • was
like our (PNLTC) 10th w/ RCX trains, operating drive-in movie, and even
sculpted trees... ;) The other exhibits were great as well.

I'll 2nd the fun! I was worried for a while that there wouldn't be an
opportunity to get my 12v set up and give folks a chance to play, but
fortunately I noticed some key things in the schedule and was able to
commandeer the stage for most of Sunday. I'd especially like to thank
Adrian Egli for helping me set up and tear down the setup (with tear
down finishing just in time to avoid delaying the awards ceremonies).

I felt the trip well worth it, and it was worth the hassle of all the
luggage I brought. Here's to BricksWest 2003!

In fact, it's possible I will be on the West coast. While an original
job opportunity with IBM Research in San Jose fell through, it sounds
like there may be another one.

Frank