 Events / BricksWest / 263
Re: wow - brickswest 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 06:14:55 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Steven Barile writes:
That was a blast; on so many levels its hard to recount them all.
<snip>
Matt, you did it!

SteveB

Well, I was only able to attend for a few hours on Saturday, and I must say,
that was some of the best few hours I've had in a long time! I finally got
to see some of the creations I've been ooohing and awwing at over the past
few years (Thanks Bram and Eric!) and also being able to put a face behind
the type was so cool! I was only able to meet a limited number of people,
but even having a chance to do so was great. Brickswest was my first time at
the Legoland park and it was also my first time at an AFOL meeting. I can't
even begin to describe how much fun I had. Thank you Matt for everything!
Thanks Tim for dinner (that was fun :-)) and thank you Eric for just
bringing your stuff! It was kinda funny, I brought a disposable camera that
had 30 pictures thinking that would be enough for Saturday, but before I
even got out of the MOC tent, all the pictures were gone! I had to go get
another camera just for Legoland :-) Anyway.... I just wanted to express my
thanks to everyone and a chance for being able to say how much fun I had
while I was there. I'll DEFINATELY be there in 2003, for the WHOLE weekend
this time! (You don't know how hard it was for me to leave right after Brad
debuted the Santa Fe... I just wanted to hold it....) Thanks again and it
was nice meeting EVERYONE! I feel we truly have an amazing community here,
and meeting people for the first time wasn't awkward at all, it just seemed
like I already knew everyone, I just was given a chance to shake their hand.
Thanks.

~Nick
www.swatonline.org