 Trains / *28815 (-100)
  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) What about putting a couple of minifigs on a 2 x 6 plate and using them as the "pushers". Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) This whole discussion makes me long for the early 1990s, when 9-volt trains were in their infancy, and Toys R Us (at least my local one) not only had them IN STOCK, but actually placed them in the same area of the store with OTHER MODEL (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modding plastic track to conducting track

(...) Already done, I did some experiments using some of the old 4.5v track. (URL) ran metal foil tape on top of the platic rails. (URL) The tape is tin plated copper for use in stain glass. The train motor ran fine. And with the new plastic track I (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains // more new infos as quoted from 1000steine

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Reynolds wrote: Hi Jonathan! [snip] (...) Sorry my mistake: I read the plate woud be 32 studs at 1000steine, but in fact it is 30 studs long. (...) Yes correct as Holger has already mentioned. Leg Godt! Ben P.s.: (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) How accurately? If you want to do this for a bunch of cycles, it would seem to me you need to control the position of the train quite exactly. The GBC train uses a simple bump sensor, and both Steve & I got train positioning to within 1 stud, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) I played a bit with stopping a train at a station. I had a loop of track powered off from a normal speed regulator. One section of track next to the stop was isolated elecrically by putting tape over the rails before connecting them. I powered (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) I too had thought about something similar. I had got much past the specs though. I wanted a system that only used one rcx per station. One channel would control the train leaving me with only two remaining. I'd never thought of a system which (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) Eddy- This is really cool! Inspires me to want to make one that runs between two parallel sections of separate loops to move cargo from one train to another and then back. Thanks for great idea and implementation. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) Eddy- This is really cool! Inspires me to want to make one that runs between two parallel sections of separate track loops to move cargo from one train to another and then back. Thanks for great idea and implementation. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically

(...) You beat me to it! I've been toying with this sort of idea in my head for a couple of months. I'm hung up on the idea of making the pushers look like cargo loaders of some sort though (fork-lifts maybe?). My thinking was to build two of these (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

Hi, this machinery can load cargo onto a train waggon and also load cargo off, too. See (URL) images (in better quality) for building instructions can be downloaded at (URL) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) It doesn't sound as complicated as back in the 12V/4.5V times. At least both the battery-powered and the rail-powered trains run on the same voltage. (...) I would be cool with one or two extra outputs from the IR receiver for controlling (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) That would explan the black dots on the side pieces noticed in (URL) (and the black wheels) pity that they didn't they add another axlehole to allow for 6 wheels if wanted. (...) Something that hadn't occured to me before, but yes, that would (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ILTCO still operating?

(...) Yes, we are accepting applications. I got your mail and replied to it, did you get my reply? Try mailing me directly (and if you have an alternative email to use, I will try to reply to both of them). Sorry you're having trouble. ++Lar (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Hi, yes, correct. The horn is inside the control unit you will hold in your hands, not in the train itself! Holger my P.S. Hopefully there will be a wide varity of additional parts at S@H! Different colors for baseplates, extra wheels, motors, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

Hi all! I also saw the new train system during our show in Frechen/Germany last weekend. I'd like to add some more information. - The motor has the same size then the normal 9V train motor. The only difference is the hole for the technic axle. - The (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Thanks for the info Ben, This does not seem to fit with the train scene photo because that shows metal wheels and a 30 stud long baseplate. The Baseplate length has been counted by at least 3 AFOLs discussing on the Brickish Association (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train?

Lately I have been rather impressed with the bold steps that TLC had been making lately -- Mindstorms NXT being one, the Vikings line is cool and so on. I am also convinced that the adult market is big enough for TLC to be concerned and it shows in (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) Wow, trains are only available in the LEGO company retal stores in the US. I haven't seen a LEGO train in any other reatail outlet in a couple of years. (...) That does sound like bad news. To have all the metal rail stuff pulled from retail (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train?

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: [...] US got the motors some month ago (...) Yes, and no. I don't really understand what happened. The motors under one set number were reduced in price and cleared out, but there are still 9v motors available here under (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train?

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: Hi Tim! (...) Excellent - my message was too long anyway. :-) (...) I myself have been amazed again and again during the past 2 years to find even by far more train stuff then ever expected in the past: Santa Fe (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  ILTCO still operating?

Hey gang, Any one from ILTCO still around? I posted a club application 2 weeks ago to ILTCO and I haven't heard a word from anyone. Is ILTCO still accepting applications??? Thanks, Jim F, DelVaLUG rep (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

I have picked up on some of the points you have made and not others (...) I find this interesting. In the UK trains have not been generally avaiable for years, with only the biggest/best toystores carrying any an even then not usually the whole (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hobby Train - the no future train....

(...) Hi Ram, I think, I am quite familiar with the things one can expect from LEGO. I do not understand all the optimism here in Lugnet concerning the new kids trains. The nowadays 9V train stuff is available in 99% of all toy retail shops in (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Hi Ben. Thanks for the write up. Sounds like the Manas style IR with serial data packets being sent at diffferent rates simulating multi-channel on a single medium is being used. From your description, I am assuming that "little" locomotives (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) [snip] Dear Jason, as just written in a reply on Ondrews questions, I cannot tell the answers to your questions. I missed these specific details. And we have seen not more than a train base with a metroliner placed on top of it... Regarding (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) [SNIP] (...) Hi Ondrew, picture taking was not allowed and we have respected this limitation. Release date will be in september (as planned so far) I had less than 3 minutes to have a view on the system. I have not demounted the motor from the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) Thanks for the information Ben. I have a question - did they have working lights? Were the lights on normal 9V cables? If they could not be controlled from the remote, how did they switch on and off? Also, was the motor connected by a standard (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Hobby Train

There seems to be a lot of discussion about the new battery powered trains. I notice that there seems to be a general consensus that the trains are targeted towards younger kids. What ever happened to the promised "hobby trains"? I believe this was (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) The motors are new, the wheels are plastic. Thus the IR train can run independently on 9V track among 9V trains. (...) The roof of the high speed train seems to be this part:¬ (URL)¬ This can be seen at the middle car on the poster. (...) It (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Battery drive / new trains

(...) Yep, a totally new train motor too. So now I need even more convincing that Lego will continue with the traditional 9v track-powered range. Jon (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Battery drive / new trains

(...) Similar to our trams, which all carry emergency battery power for if it stops at an isolated section. (...) It seems (URL) the wheels are plastic>, so maybe not total havoc. ROSCO (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Battery drive / new trains

(...) Ah...another reference to my enthusiastic pioneering approach by Jason. The loco in question is a replica of a real loco called a Motor Luggage Van made as a single unit for the Southern Region (ex British Rail). As the name suggests, it was a (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

(...) thank you for the info ben! i have a couple quick questions i hope you don't mind. is there any info on a release date? the wire that goes to the motor, is that the same old 2x2 conecter? i assume the battery box is on the bottom side of the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System? For Mindstorms the answer is: YES!

Hi Adrian, the new mindstorms is using standard plugs as known from telephone systems. At least this is what the "experts" said in Frechen yesterday. I myself have no deeper knowledge in mindstrorms and I cannot guarantee what a telephone cable (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Some more infos on new trains (they were partly presented in Frechen/Germany)

Hi all! Jan Beyer has shown us parts of the new train System in Frechen/Germany. Just some unassortet aspects and informations. - The track is full plastic as already seen. - The train base is 32 studs long and contrains IR recievers on both sides (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Eeoow. That's akin to kissing one's sister:-p (...) Well, I was imagining a sort of regulator as a part of the battery pack that a remote control could simply activate. A long time ago my son Ross rigged up an old 12 volt motor that ran off of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Non LEGO LEGO build for my trains

(URL) Inspired by Steve B's (if I recall) picture in the AFOL comic book, I built myself a storage unit for my locomotives and rolling stock (URL) It isn't complete yet--I have to put the facing trim on, but other than that, it's done enough for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I'd just assumed that most train-heads knew that already. John, you need to open up and talk to the six-wide builders more... ;-) But what does happen if you connect a 9V battery box to a train motor is that you get not so much a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modding plastic track to conducting track

(...) Well theoretically using conducting tape would work but reliability would be a huge issue. My guess would be that the tape would likely rub through within a hour or two. The other method of adding metal to the plastic is a little more (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains)

  Modding plastic track to conducting track

Hi all, I'm curious what you part modders think about modifying the new plastic train track to allow it to conduct electricity. My thought was that you could use metallic conducting tape on top of the plastic tracks and make yourself a good (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Eureka, Mike! I think you have nailed it! The spy pics show metal wheels, suggesting that they are indeed still utilizing the 9 volt train motor. That side thingie I was concerned about now appears to be the sensor that gets the signal from (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I agree with you here, Jason. When considering the new battery system, we are, in theory, talking about a line that will provide easier access to LEGO trains for the GP. There is something non-threatening about devices which only require just (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: (snip) (...) This is exactly how I feel about the new trains. Whilst I welcome the realistic Euro designs and the entry-level pitching, the assurance that 'metal track will continue to be available' is not (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) The whole point of this exercise is to bring down the entry point of a starting train set. The Super Chief cost more than the My-Own-Train, so it doesn't help one bit. The price-per-piece is irrelevant - if that was the only engine available (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Tetraethyl lead tank car

(...) You go from tiny little cars to one big one. I just wish I had some of those blue slopes. :( I guess I will just have to keep an eye out for some on Bricklink. Great work, I still have some more tank cars to make and plan to use some of your (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Only if the Super Chief was three times as expensive, which it wasn't. Real bricks mean more value for the dollar than molded super-pieces. (...) I have no idea what effect price per piece means for TLC's bottom line. They seem to go to either (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) The nose is not really that different to that on sets like the Metroliner, 4511 passenger train and 4561 passenger train. The main difference appears to be that instead of having a lower nose piece and an upper nose piece/windscreen, its now a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout

(...) Well, if the GMLTC 8-wide trains were involved, it would definitely be "mutilate, in a spectacular crash"... (URL) Here's one of my 8-wide locos> But, I'd suggest just go with what works for you. If an 8-wide train doesn't work, don't run (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

"Steve Lane yahoo.co.uk>" <stevenrobertlane@<n...pamplease> wrote in message news:IsoMtA.C62@lugnet.com... (...) days??? (...) flex. I'm (...) it's (...) current 9V (...) It does seem to go away from the whole compatability isuue that LEGO has (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

--SNIP-- (...) Which I would think helps my argument, not yours. (...) Which might represent a higher profit margin for Lego. Either way I doubt your typical kid (or their parents) looks at the price per piece. (...) Well the prodction doesn't quite (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Yeah, but the Super Chief had 3x more pieces than the 10157. Per piece, the Super Chief comes in at 9.17 cents per piece, while the High Speed Locomotive comes in at 17.73. Beyond the savings in not designing a new mold for every new engine, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) Unfortunately, however, (URL) it seems the connectors are obscure RJ-type connectors>, and are not easily obtainable - may even be custom made for TLC. And they make "piggy-backing" connectors much harder. I'll reserve my opinion for now... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Timothy Gould wrote: -SNIP- (...) Here's a link to the rendering of the train car we're asking about. (URL) The blue 2x2 round bricks slung between the train wheel sets is what we're concerned about. In this 6-wide train (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) My gut feeling is no. Their is no need for Technic to have a six wire flex. I'm pretty sure it's more expensive from a manufacturing point of view and it's bulkier. Also why go to all the expense of having to redesign all the current 9V parts? (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Having metal wheels has its ups and downs. One down is that you won't be able to run it on a 9v line independent of the 9v train. We probably won't be able to run to IR controled trains independently of each other (one remote will likely (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I'll take your "I don't buy this argument" and raise it. We know that the Super Chief proved popular amongst AFOLs, but not neccesarily amonst the population at large. (...) Fortunately we don't need to think about this one, the prices are (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) No need to wait or hope for an 8-wide curved roof element. Take a look at the new airliners: (URL) Particularly this piece: (URL) Now to just hope they produce it in black, dark bley, and light bley. -Jeramy (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) This is an interesting and intriguing hypothesis, Adrian. For our (TCLTC) applications of the LEGO wiring system, RJ would be a welcome change. One could custom cut wire lengths, and it would be a whole lot cheaper (and probably more reliable, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I don't buy this argument. The Super Chief proved that brick-built designs can be both aesthetically pleasing and popular. And how could a brick-built design be any more expensive than that Playmobil wanna-be? 20-30 small bricks made from (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Are you playing at the Enormodome? (...) "Tarp":-) Jonathan, you truly are a kindred spirit! I just "introduced" my kids to Tap this Christmas break. Top Ten greatest film without a doubt. JOHN (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) Hey, you're correct, Rob. I thought it was just fancy Photoshopping, but the lights do seem to appear from a green one of (URL) these> JOHN (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) The white one looks like the train version of the (URL) new airliners> - i.e. like a Playmobil set. It wouldn't bother me (as much) if these were 4+/Jack Stone sets. But the airliner has almost the same age recommendation (5-12) as something (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I share the same POV. I just wish I got into trains a lot earlier and had more train elements at this point. (...) Same here, unfortunately. I plan on getting more track now as well. What I am wondering is if one of the trains is RC and the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) It would look to be the curved elements used on the Millenium Falcon escape pod, judging from the ends. Sadly, this means they are nigh useless for anyone making 8-wides, but for 6-wides, they should prove quite nice, and lighter than all (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

With all the talk recently about the NXT MindStorms, something hit me this morning. I'm guessing most of us here have seen this picture- (URL) note is the use of the RJ style wiring they use. Now, let's think about this for a moment. Waaaay back in (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) more about new trains (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Michiana-LTC to display at the 14th Annual RMRC Show - Saturday, January 7

To all, The Michiana LEGO Train Club is pleased to display at the upcoming Riverbend Model Railroad Club Show on Saturday, January 7th. Event Details: 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM Address: 5625 Burlingame Ave. Wyoming, Michigan Admission: Adults $4 Children (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IsoCFq.1t2F@lugnet.com... (...) That looks like an optical illusion to me. It appears the light is coming from a nx4 brick between the 2 headlight bricks and under the jumper plate. -Rob (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) The current 9v motor can be powered by rails or a battery box. Just plug a battery box where the light brick would normally connect and turn it on. The only thing is it will go backwards compared to normal power by the wheels. However a (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I'm not really hoping, but it would be awesome if they modified the existing motor to allow it to be powered by either battery or off the rails. The very best (IMO) would be like the trainmodders have done -- the power picked up from the rails (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

(...) I am hoping it will be a modified version of the 9v motor. If it is the same motor, then if it runs onto metal track, it's battery will find itself powering the track out through the wheels instead of getting power in through them. (The (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

--SOMEWHAY SNIPPED THROUGHOUT-- (...) Maybe it is the old motor, or a slightly modified version. In some ways it wouldn't surprise me if they reused the existing manufacturing line. (...) This is what puts me off. At least with eight wide you can (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: a town structure contest!! <- $200 in prizes

(...) [...] (...) Ondrew, I am writing just to say that it is very cool that you have decided to do something like this. I also wrote to say that I won't be entering... it's not because I don't want to build and share. It's just that I learned that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Best way to get into LEGO Trains?

(...) (URL) Ahem> It's all right; I had to correct (URL) Brad Justus> as well: Q19: We all know that Lego Direct has picked up the banner for trains and... A19: (Mr. Justus interrupts) We are not going to do 8-wide John. (Crowd Laughs) Q19b: What do (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Thoughts on Spy Photos of New Trains

Can "new trains" ever be a bad thing? Doubtful, but here are some observations based on the pic below that explore this question: (URL) It appears that the battery motor has metal flanges like the 9 volt motor. Probably good; will last longer than (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: More of the new train

(...) Yes, I've seen it yet too, it's a very good idea for an item, but I don't like the new big truck line, that can't run in the city roads (see ferrari truck), and most of all the bridge, that seems to be one piece...I prefer to build the same (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Best way to get into LEGO Trains?

(...) Best place is probably this current thread (URL) It was announced last year that the new trains will be battery powered and use some form of infra red control, however exactly how this will be implemented is still open to speculation (again (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train? (set 7898 from 2006)

(...) Hmm... I have been luke warm about the IR-controled battery-powered trains; however, it had occured to me that I could use this system to run a trolley on the same line as a train, but then I thought of something. All of my trolleys are single (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: Best way to get into LEGO Trains?

(...) Thank you for all the info Tim. Where could I find out more information about the new trains coming out later this year and when they may be able to come out? Are 9v trains usually 8 wide? Are the six wide trains not as good because the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still more

(...) Its the end of the part you mention, just the shadows make it look a bit odd. (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Still more

(...) I was getting my hopes up looking at the boxcars - in the first pictures they looked orange, but here they're clearly red. I guess that makes the car on the flatbed red too. The red fork-lift looks good; it just seems unusual for Lego to do (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Tetraethyl lead tank car

Carrying the concept to it's logical conclusion, I decided to make a larger piece of rolling stock for a change... (URL) As always, comments and criticism are welcome. -HRH (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Still more

(...) Agreed, thank you. Apon further inspection it sure looks like the roof of the ICE train is a monolithic peice, I believe it's this part: (URL). (URL) And what is the part above the door manifold on the middle car? I really hope they sell the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Still more

(...) I noticed this as well, I'm guessing the old moters were used for testing and early photos, but the final product will have plastic wheels. I'm really hoping that the IR reciever is not permanently coupled the the motor unit. Use a standard 9v (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006, FTX)

  Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout

--SNIPPED-- (...) I can't answer the question but it might be useful if you could do up a CAD diagram of the sensor and train mechanisms for easy reference. I'm afraid I can't really understand what you mean here. It would also give a way of (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Best way to get into LEGO Trains?

(...) Hi John, I would definitely suggest starting off with 9V. One thing to note is that Lego trains are expensive. There isn't really any way of getting around that yet (see later comment). I would suggest starting off by buying the High Speed (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creating a GBC for a train layout

[crossposting to .trains to get some feedback, so limit LafLRC discussion to on-topic on this thread] (...) I don't know, but it's a question that we might like answered before we go too much further with this. Understand we can always limit things (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still more

(...) Ah, well spotted. So maybe you can't run them on metal track at the same time as a 9V train. That may mean the base has a standard 9V lead on it though, so it would let you use it to run a 9V motorised crane or, my favourite, the miniature (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Still more

In lugnet.trains, Jeramy Spurgeon wrote: <snip> (...) Well, if I were TLG, I'd use the same train motors--you can power the motor from the top 2x2 electric plate and just connect that to the battery unit (or whatever they're using to power the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: Still more

(...) Ok if you look at the middle car of the ICE train. It has what looks like a trans black curved roof. I see a large rise in Dome cars in the future. Also there is a green six wide window on the car with the crane. I guess this calls for a green (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Best way to get into LEGO Trains?

What is the best way to get into LEGO trains? I have thought about buying a new set but they are so expensive. I have though about buying a used set off of Ebay but I don't know if they get worn out, or if I will encounter other problems. I also (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Still more

(...) Looking at these pictures leads only to more confusion..... Notice the standard metal wheels reappear? Here's to hoping! -Jeramy (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Still more

(...) It just keeps getting better (URL) Tim PS. Thanks heaps to the people uploading all this. Your work is greatly appreciated. (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.year.2006)

  Re: More of the new train

(...) Already done, I did some experiments using some of the old 4.5v track. (URL) I ran metal foil tape on top of the platic rails. The tape is tin plated copper for use in stain glass. The train motor ran fine. And with the new plastic track I (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC enters final two weeks at SDMRRM; Pictures!

(...) Not so much a rumor, but whishful thinking on the part of some museum members. But a display case at the museum would be great. We could even advertise when the large display will be. Mat (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: More of the new train

(...) Here (URL) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: More of the new train

(...) Yes it is. You get one segment and a truck for construction as a set. I can't find the pictures again but they appeared on BrickShelf and Eurobricks a while ago. Perhaps someone else can dig them up. (...) We can certainly hope. (...) I have (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

  Re: More of the new train

(...) Hmmm - I wonder if the bridge is for sale too. It looks like specialised bridge parts - pretty good actually.... I they start making all parts like that for a model railway, then I wonder what else we can expect - more cars, engines and other (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact